Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bsheet2

bsheet2

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 pm

The Wolf Man just came out with some new side bags. The Rocky Mountain side bags. They are 30 liters each instead of the 20 liter Expidition bags. I find 30 liters is just right for me when on a trip. These bags have a water proof inner liner bag. This lets you keep th eouter shell on the bike and just slip the liner with your gear in and out. I tested this in my garage this afternoon and it seems to work pretty good. I think these are keepers. Here are a few pics.

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags Photo

How the straps sit across the rear of my bike.

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags Straps

Clears exhaust just fine.

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags Bag

Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:39 pm

What are the approximate internal dimensions? I haven't used enough bike luggage to comprehend liters...
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Could you please post up a few more pictures with side views etc? I am also interested in knowing the outside to outside dimension of the set-up.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Did you consider cutting a slot in the tail rack for the back straps? That much luggage might want to move. dunno
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:48 am

Sorry I have not responded. Did not get an email notice for some reason.

Yes, I did consider cutting slots in the tail rack, I may do that yet. But my impression is that keeping it wide makes the strap more verticle going to the bag. This looks like it will put less stress on the strap where it attaches to bag. The straps around the body of the bag hold it nice in snug. I don't think it will be flopping around at all. The straps across the seat only hold the verticle weight. So keeping the straps as verticle as possible looks like the best way to hold that load. Time will tell.

Info from Wolfman site :
Length: 16" / 41cm top, 15" / 38cm bottom
• Width: 10.5" / 27cm top, 8" / 20cm bottom
• Height: 13"-16" / 33cm-41cm depending on amount of roll
Capacity: • 32 liters / 1950 cu. in. each, 64 liters / 3900 cu. in. for the pair
• 3 additional liters available by reducing the amount of top roll

http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=312
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:56 am

saddletramp wrote:
Could you please post up a few more pictures with side views etc? I am also interested in knowing the outside to outside dimension of the set-up.

Will try to remember to do this. But pissing down rain today.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags   Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman Rocky Mountain Side Bags
Page 1 of 1