Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Essential mods

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wr ronin

Essential mods Empty
PostSubject: Essential mods   Essential mods EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Up until recently, I have been using my WR as a day ride trail bike. I have a F800GS that I use for longer trips and although it's a great moderate dirt mule, it still weighs a lot and is a real handful in harder terrain. With that in mind I decided to rig up my WR better for Multi day, longer dirt trips. After planning out the luggage / fuel configuration I thought I better try to maximize the bikes power for the extra carry weight. So I finally got off my ass and did some mods:
AIS removal
EXUP removal / Graves bypass
Ultimate Airbox mod
FMF Q4 exhaust
FMF Mega-bomb header
FMF power programmer

Took it out for a short ride and ... Holy Shit! thumb
This is like a new bike. Jumped on the highway and easily shot up to 90, and this was on the stock programmer settings and some worn 606's.
I know these mods are common but I just didnt realize what a difference they make. Now I'm sure this thing can be well set up for my Multi-day needs.

Next on the list:
Dialing in the programmer settings
12 tooth sprocket
Go-race suspension overhaul
Scott's damper
Renazco seat (build date in August)

If you are unsure about the complexity of these common mods they are all quite straightforward and are definitely worth the time and effort.

Dan
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

Essential mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essential mods   Essential mods EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm

Ive been wanting to try a 12 tooth front sprocket but the decreased chain slack tolerance has kept me away from it. With a 13 tooth I've got my chain about as tight as I can get it where it still has acceptable slack with the swingarm straight, but I can still feel the chain grind or slap sometimes. I never noticed it until I ran a 14 tooth front for a while then went back to the 13.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

Essential mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essential mods   Essential mods EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:12 pm

oic0 wrote:
Ive been wanting to try a 12 tooth front sprocket but the decreased chain slack tolerance has kept me away from it.

??? I run a 12/47 setup and I have no issues with chain slack at all. Even when I ran 12/43 there was no issue.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Essential mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essential mods   Essential mods EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 pm

IAmABug wrote:
oic0 wrote:
Ive been wanting to try a 12 tooth front sprocket but the decreased chain slack tolerance has kept me away from it.

??? I run a 12/47 setup and I have no issues with chain slack at all. Even when I ran 12/43 there was no issue.

There's a very common myth about the 12t front and the chain hitting swing arm.

IT"S A MYTH.

thumb

I'll go find a video a guy took that will shock the piss out of most people regarding the chain and how much it moves under certain conditions.

Let me see if I can find it.

click me <-- new thread about it

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Essential mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essential mods   Essential mods Empty

Back to top Go down

Essential mods
Page 1 of 1