Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?

Go down 
+2
Berwyn Henderson
grw800
6 posters
AuthorMessage
grw800

grw800

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? Empty
PostSubject: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:21 am

I'm looking at the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags and Side Racks, and wondering if the left Side Rack will clear my tool tube. Anyone running a similar tool tube along with the Wolfman Side Racks?

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 00813
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

OK, I'll answer my own question. I bought a set of the Wolfman Expedition Dry bags along with their Side Racks. My tool tube clears the left rack; just had to bend one of the stock tool kit mounts in order to swing the tool tube inward a little. Note that the Wolfman rack has a place to mount the stock helmet lock.

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 00710
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Looks real good, I need a set of those racks plus that style tool tube clamp !! Can anyone help? Berwyn
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes, what king of bracket is used to fasten the tool tube?
TIA
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm

The tool tube clamp is a stainless steel exhaust clamp, Jeg's P/N 289-33278.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/33278/10002/-1

I attached the exhaust clamp to the subframe with two 3/4" loop clamps.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:01 pm

grw800 wrote:

Thank you for the stainless clamp link.

The two 3/4" loop clamps-are they hose clamps?

Did you get them from an automotive store?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:13 pm

No, not hose clamps. Here is an image of a loop clamp:

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 8863t14p1l

I got mine from McMaster-Carr, part number 8863T29.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/1525/=gv13zh
This item only comes in packs of 25 from McMaster-Carr. You should be able to find an equivalent clamp from a hardware store.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks guys, now have that problem solved, will get the clamp on its way to me soon, thanks again Berwyn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:34 am

You sure about that? The band clamp shown in that link is a 3" clamp. I have a few of those tool tubes, and they are 3 1/2" in diameter, so IMO, a 3 1/2" clamp would be required.

http://www.agrisupply.com/operator-manual-canister/p/67670/

3 1/2" clamps:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/33279/10002/-1?parentProductId=744706

or

http://www.jegs.com/i/Dynomax/289/35977/10002/-1?parentProductId=744706

grw800 wrote:

Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:13 am

I believe you're right, MJ--I probably am not remembering the size correctly. I think I must have used the 289-33279 clamp. Sorry for any confusion.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:52 am

Measured my tool tube yesterday, it is the 3.5 one. There are other sizes i bet so if you order a clamp be sure it well fit your tube. My 2 cents, Berwyn
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: C-C   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:09 am

Hey grw800 ..

Can you tell me the Center-to-Center Dimension of the bolts on that Band Clamp ?? I have another application in which there are already two holes on a plate -- just want to check if this will fit without much modification.

Thanks ... cheers

grw800 wrote:
I'm looking at the Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags and Side Racks, and wondering if the left Side Rack will clear my tool tube. Anyone running a similar tool tube along with the Wolfman Side Racks?

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 00813
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:35 am

Center-to-center dimension looks to be about 1 11/16 in. The bolts are 7/16 in. diameter.
Back to top Go down
mpatch

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:09 pm

pics from the rear? Looks like the tube will be really close the the tire when the rear suspension is fully compressed.
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

It's close, but the tire has never contacted the tube.

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 10011

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? 10110
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 3:55 am

Outstanding location and mounting for that size tube. thumb
Have you figured a way to ensure it can't pivot into the tire path? (a single zip tie from the Jeg's clamp to the Wolfman tubing might do the trick)
Guessing you opted for a tool roll to simplify access to everything since the tool tube looks like it is semi-permanent???
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 pm

The loop clamps are tight on the subframe, and the tube has never moved at all. I don't use a tool roll, everything is just in there loose. It's easy to get things out when needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?   Tool tube + Wolfman side racks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tool tube + Wolfman side racks?
Page 1 of 1