Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Something let loose ??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maxapollo

Something let loose ?? Empty
PostSubject: Something let loose ??   Something let loose ?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Changed my oil today went for a spin bike worked perfect as always
got back poured the used oil into a storage found this in the bottom of the container i caught the oil in ??
Anyone know what it is .bike goes through all its gears perfect no issues ..i cant imagine this is a good thing ??
I put a penny beside it for size reference

Im fairly new to the site not sure how to post pics properly but if you click on the thumbnail pic it gets large

Something let loose ?? Aftero12
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Something let loose ??   Something let loose ?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:17 pm

It's a hardened dowel pin. Could be from the oil pump, water pump or the shift drum maybe.

No, it's not good. Is broken on both ends ? There aren't too many dowel pins in the engine. I did a quick look through the manual to see what's there and those are the only ones I can see right now....

Check for oil pressure and coolant pressure to help narrow it down.
Back to top Go down
maxapollo

PostSubject: Re: Something let loose ??   Something let loose ?? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Gonna have to check it out further, I rode for three hours before i got back and emptied the used oil, everything seemed normal no over heating and no warning lights , will call my friend the Mechanic ...if its any part im guessing the shift drum is the place to look .last year i was messing around and ended up power shifting pretty hard in 5th gear heard a pretty big clunk , Hopefully we can get at it with removing the engine

thanks for your help !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something let loose ??   Something let loose ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Something let loose ??
Page 1 of 1