Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

heel guard mounts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
casto

heel guard mounts Empty
PostSubject: heel guard mounts   heel guard mounts EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:42 am

I took the heel guard that is mounted on top of the swingarm off, I just didn't see a need for it. The tabs that are welded to the swing arm to hold the heel gaurd are still there though and I don't like how they look. Is there any reason why I should'nt cut them off?
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

heel guard mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: heel guard mounts   heel guard mounts EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 am

They are not structural so the only reason not to would be if you ever wanted to replace it. If you sold the bike the next owner might like it as an option. I to have thought about cutting them off but decided that I can deal.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

heel guard mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: heel guard mounts   heel guard mounts EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:16 pm

That big black plastic guard over the top of the chain is called a heel guard? I always thought it was there to keep sticks and branches from getting stuck in your chain. If that is not it's intended purpose I don't see much use for it and may take mine off as well.
Back to top Go down
alansz400

heel guard mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: heel guard mounts   heel guard mounts EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Took mine off and cut the mouting tabs off. Got rid of the bracket that holds the side stand switch also.

heel guard mounts 0318121630a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

heel guard mounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: heel guard mounts   heel guard mounts Empty

Back to top Go down

heel guard mounts
Page 1 of 1