Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new WRR dealer fees/price

Go down 
+6
NAL250R
gatorfan
sswrx
bruno
jason meacham
morgan9283
10 posters
AuthorMessage
morgan9283

new WRR dealer fees/price Empty
PostSubject: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:26 am

I've been passively looking for a used WRR and haven't been finding much. So now I'm looking at new and leftovers.

I called a dealer here (Philly area) and was quoted ~$6400 plus $300 setup and $400 delivery. I might have those numbers a little off but it was in the $600-$700 range. There is an '11 leftover closer to me for ~$5800.

Before I call around further would those of you who've bought new tell me what you paid in fees on top of the negotiated price or just what you did right/wrong? I've bought many bikes used but this is my first new bike and I don't have a sense for the process.

thanks,

-morgan
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:39 am

I thought retail was closer to $6200,,not positve ,,,,,,,,,,,as far as set-up,,$300 seems about right,,and the delivery fee might be a litttle high,, from my own expirience and what I've read on here,the dealers are'nt very flexible with the price,,,,I have always thought these fees are crazy to charge the customer,,,,,,if I buy a new television or refrigirator,,I don't pay a delivery fee..,,,,I would keep my eye out for a used one,,I bought mine new and I wish I bought a used one,,,,,,,,,,,,there is a WRR for sale on the FOR SALE section of this forum..it's in Noth carolina ,,it's bone stock with ONLY 300 miles on it for $4900....I woulld drive 500 miles to save $2000 in a heartbeat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just my 2 cents........................Jason
Back to top Go down
bruno

bruno

PostSubject: Gulp!   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 pm

That seems to be a rip off.
I just paid for the bike, and the dealer was happy to sell it to me, prep it and load it on to my trailer.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I bought my X new in Aug 2009. Fees for freight, prep & paperwork was $265.00. Paid $5874.00 out the door for it.

Last edited by sswrx on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Philly could be pricier than other parts of the country but that does seem high. I was $6050 out the door in 2008.
Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm

I bought a new 2012 last week for $6500 OTD. This was in Alabama.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:59 am

2012 retail is $6590 according to the website. 2011 is just a little less. I am interested to hear what people paid either new or used if you're comfortable sharing. What's here so far is great.

My KTM (300exc) just sold last night so it's time to ramp up the search.

I'm not *quite* ready to head to NC mostly because I need to ride one first. I think a trip to my closest dealer is the next step.

thanks for the feedback everyone--it's great info.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

I found the paperwork from when I bought my WRR ,,I bought it in August 2008,,$5899,,$195 set-up fee,,,$300 delivery fee....$400 for the 4 year warranty,(I wish I never bought it),,,...............I think either way ,your'e gonna be happy with a WR,,,,for me , it's the perfect compromise between street and dirt...........................Jason
Back to top Go down
Freedom68

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Rusty palmers in honesdale pa. Picking my bike up tomorow it's a 2012 - 6300 out the door. No bull with them & best price I've found around by far
Back to top Go down
Freedom68

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Rusty palmers in honesdale pa. Picking my bike up tomorow it's a 2012 - 6300 out the door. No bull with them & best price I've found around by far
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 am

Track-N-Trail in State College Pa has a new 2011 advertised on cycletrader for $5899. Might be worth a phone call.
Back to top Go down
NAL250R

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:27 pm

OTD prices are hard to compare since taxes vary by location. My $6500 OTD was a before tax price of $6252.43. Hope that helps someone making a purchase. BTW, I didn't try to negotiate a lower price, since this was the only in stock wr close to me and I didn't want to wait for a dealer to order one.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Freedom68 wrote:

Okay.. I'm getting into the weeds of shopping for a bike.

By $6300 out the door do you mean + tax and tags or including tax and tags?

Honesdale is close enough to me that it would be worth the drive if my local dealer won't work with me.

thanks,

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Out The Door (OTD) means final price. That is what you have to have in order to take the bike home. Always ask for an OTD price when dealing with a dealership.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:49 pm

They have a bit of trouble moving these. No one wants to pay 6500 for a 250. I think about 6 all fees included, out the door, is average for a new one. Knock 500 - 1000 off for a leftover. Still better to buy used though. You can get a bike thats just broken in for 2k off retail and not suffer the depreciation yourself.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 pm

i got mine for $6500 cdn in 08, right from yamaha, no dealer
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:02 pm

morgan9283 wrote:
Freedom68 wrote:

Okay.. I'm getting into the weeds of shopping for a bike.

By $6300 out the door do you mean + tax and tags or including tax and tags?

Honesdale is close enough to me that it would be worth the drive if my local dealer won't work with me.

thanks,

-morgan

I just called Rusty Palmer's. The sales person was very nice but firm on $6500 + tax + tags but no setup. They don't have any in stock but are expecting one in April. You got a good deal at $6300 OTD. It's not worth the drive for me if they're firm on price. Maybe they were looking to move the one they had sitting?

I've called a few dealers and at least the far away dealers are sticking to their prices.. These may be hard to sell but it seems like dealers are getting their price when they do. The only local WRR is not setup but they seem willing to set it up if I'm coming so that is my next step.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: follow-up   new WRR dealer fees/price EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 am

Follow-up: I called dealers within 3 or so hours of me and stopped in to the closer dealers than had WRRs and no one was interested in dealing.

I ended up buying from Hamilton Yamaha in Hamilton, NJ -- $6402 + tax and tags for a 2012. They're in Jersey so I will do the tag work here in PA. My OTD price should be $6979. I pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new WRR dealer fees/price   new WRR dealer fees/price Empty

Back to top Go down

new WRR dealer fees/price
Page 1 of 1