Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The value of money

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mucker

mucker

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: The value of money   The value of money EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 pm

If you had to describe the value of your wr, without using dollars, how would you?
Of course, the better you sum it up...the better

For me, It gives me a certain amount of freedom...that I never had before.
I finally, have a toy I wanted...that could be quite practical...though, I'm enjoyin the toy more.
If anything, I feel my bike is more valuable than most...in a practicle sense.
I guess the wrr delivered for me...the perfect compromise for what I could desire.

I do feel better than since my purchase, a year ago.

The 50/50 concept of my bike has definitely, reverberated with me...valuewise

Any other value I may be missing?

Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of money   The value of money EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:53 am

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

It makes for a practical and economical commuter, AND I can take it out on the weekends to the twisties or the track and get my jollies there.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of money   The value of money EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 am

Riding a motorcycle has a highly therapeutic value to it.

You are forced into the moment of riding and in many cases your very survival depends on you being focused on that task.

You'd better not be thinking about your mortgage, whether or not you deducted the interest on your taxes properly, or if you brought your partner to orgasm the last time you had sex, while your approaching a busy intersection or a knarly section of twisting road/trail.

You HAVE to be focused on the riding. It forces you to forget the "real world issues" of daily life and puts you into a ZEN state of being in the moment.

You become part of the machine, and part of the flow of acceleration, g-forces, wind, smell, and nature.

You can, and have to, completely flush your mind of everything else but riding.

That aspect of motorcycling is pure therapy to me.

Having a dual-sport / supermoto opens up the possibilities to explore a wide variety of options for different kinds of therapy too.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of money   The value of money EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

motokid wrote:
Riding a motorcycle has a highly therapeutic value to it.
You are forced into the moment of riding and in many cases your very survival depends on you being focused on that task.
You'd better not be thinking about your mortgage, whether or not you deducted the interest on your taxes properly, or if you brought your partner to orgasm the last time you had sex, while your approaching a busy intersection or a knarly section of twisting road/trail.
You HAVE to be focused on the riding. It forces you to forget the "real world issues" of daily life and puts you into a ZEN state of being in the moment.
You become part of the machine, and part of the flow of acceleration, g-forces, wind, smell, and nature.
You can, and have to, completely flush your mind of everything else but riding.
That aspect of motorcycling is pure therapy to me.
Having a dual-sport / supermoto opens up the possibilities to explore a wide variety of options for different kinds of therapy too.

Well said. I also think riding in remote areas has even more healing for the soul. Solitude is nearly a lost attribute. We are always surrounded by media, people, noise, words, music, & the general cacophony of the world. Riding along some lonely ribbon of trail somewhere distances us from that, & gets us more in tune with the infinite, if you don't mind me waxing poetic a bit..
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of money   The value of money EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 am

rydnseek wrote:

Riding along some lonely ribbon of trail somewhere distances us from that, & gets us more in tune with the infinite, if you don't mind me waxing poetic a bit..

That's not so easy for some of us to find without going looooooooooooooooong distances. Very happy

But even just riding a motorcycle where 95% of all vehicles on the road can't go is a serious boost to the human condition.

Like down a set of stairs. wink
But also on a muddy, rutted fire-road or even a short-cut deer path through a small field.

One day I'd love to have the chance to explore some of the wider outdoors in the south west area. Where a larger gas tank would be a necessity.

Rydnseek - I hope you know how lucky you are to have the playground you have. (and I'm sure you do)

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The value of money Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of money   The value of money Empty

Back to top Go down

The value of money
Page 1 of 1