Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AirFruit's X in Action!

Go down 
+6
Norman Perez
Peterbuilt
grnd0
motokid
pbnut
airfruit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
airfruit

AirFruit's X in Action! Empty
PostSubject: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Just got myself a WR-X during the winter (Had a DRZ-SM before). First pics post on here! Actually first post here lol. Sorry for not introducing myself! I'm from BC Canada!

Finally had a good day to ride it on the track =) Really fun bike I have to say. Do have to rev it like mad compared to the Z =)

AirFruit's X in Action! I-RBK8g2b-X2
AirFruit's X in Action! I-xH9Czhg-X2
AirFruit's X in Action! I-SfvgGJj-X2
AirFruit's X in Action! I-GJT4DwS-X2
AirFruit's X in Action! I-zTTNmDr-X2
AirFruit's X in Action! I-MK9VQ6P-X2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Welcome, and nice riding.

thumb
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 am

Haha, I love how dirty it is on track.

Any tips on backing it in like that? I've got the technique started, but I'm nowhere near that sideways. This is about as sideways as I get.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:34 am

Shit yeah!!!! bow bow bow

Awesome.

Crop that third picture down to just you, and we've got another great potential header shot for the forum. thumb

Can't wait to hear your overall experience with the X since you've just come off a DRZ-SM.

As I'm sure you must know - questions on which one to get are always coming up.
What made you switch?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks =)

I can definitely say a thing or two (compared to the DRZ) after more seat time =) This is only the 3rd real thrashing the X is getting.

I'm still working on getting the X more further down when sliding. I'm not sure if the conti's would allow for that but we'll see. As for tips, practice and practice. I'm not a crazy expert at this but bite your teeth and try to go deeper and deeper. The key is speed. If you wanna be sideways and leaned way down, you basically have to finish your slide leaned way over. To achieve that, well, you need to be fast! Also, you should be doing the hardest braking (front) when your bike is still pretty straight up and only be trail braking (the front) when going for the apex. The harder you apply your front brake the more the bike wanna stand up which interferes with your leaning. Hope that made some sort of sense =) Oh, one more thing, the more "sideways" your are, the more leaned you should be... you shouldn't be mega sideways when the bike is still standing very straight... that would be asking for... highside!

I'm not very good at this cropping business lol. help? haha
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:11 am

airfruit wrote:

I'm not very good at this cropping business lol. help? haha

SWEEEEET...

Post that picture here. <-- clicky

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Here are some more action pics (quite a few more)! from some races :) Thanks to members of BCSupermoto for taking these photos!

AirFruit's X in Action! 19496311
AirFruit's X in Action! A02p1910
AirFruit's X in Action! 61618010
AirFruit's X in Action! 20247610
AirFruit's X in Action! Rk1c9010
AirFruit's X in Action! 52402810
AirFruit's X in Action! 61635310
Back to top Go down
grnd0

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 pm

Freekin Awesome. Just need some vid of that action now.
bow
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 am

Awesome.

What tires you running?
Are those wheels painted? Love that look.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 pm

Looks like Pilot Powers...
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks!!! :) Those are just electrical tape. Just wanted to try something different.

And as for tires, they are the new contiAttack SM :)
Back to top Go down
Norman Perez

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:48 pm

beavis I'm not going to lie. When I saw these pic's I threw my gear on and hit an empty lot. Getting that sideways and that low takes some skill. Like posted above. I got the gist of it but I still can't get that low. I'm stoked to hit some tracks after seeing this. bannana
Back to top Go down
Just Bob

Just Bob

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Cool shots! Great riding! thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 pm

Great pics and skills. Really like the wheels. thumb
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Very happy Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Norman Perez

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 am

What kind of suspension work? If at all? I've got gold valves, springs, and different shim stacks and I got to say that it completely changed the handling. Just have to hit the track and play with the clickers. Wish you where out in Cali. I'd like to follow you around and pick up a thing or two. Maybe even try to stay close with in the first turn. lurk Now we need a vid'!!! thumb bow
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Nothing done to the suspension other then more preload and clicked the compression and rebound damping in :) Works okay for now. Eating up tires too fast to have money for revalving haha. Maybe vid one day :) I'm kinda the type that ride and never film or take pics unless someone else do it dunno I'm sure you can keep up Perez :) I'm only okay fast Shog
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:54 am

Some backing it in from the latest round of BCSupermoto here in Canada :)

AirFruit's X in Action! 7794_110
AirFruit's X in Action! 93658310
Back to top Go down
unclechet

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 am

Cool pix! It looks like you know what you're doing to me! Sure looks like fun!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 am

I'm digging the white wheels!
Back to top Go down
5teN

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Very cool! I just got my WRR and live in Vancouver. Where do you live? And where have you been racing?

Cheers
Spencer
Back to top Go down
airfruit

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Current supermoto setup (Thanks to Wheeling Cycle Supply and Warp 9 Racing)

As it currently sits 280 lbs :)

AirFruit's X in Action! P1040510

and dirt setup Very happy 

AirFruit's X in Action! P1040511
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AirFruit's X in Action!   AirFruit's X in Action! Empty

Back to top Go down

AirFruit's X in Action!
Page 1 of 1