Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? Empty
PostSubject: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:58 am

Awright... I've about given up on Andrews Cycles, where I bought my bike.

I'm trying to enter it into Canada through the RIV bureaucracy so I can ride it - and leave it - in both BC and MT whenever I feel like it.

Part of that requirement is I need a letter, certificate, or whatever from Yamaha or the dealer that says the bike has no outstanding factory recalls.

About the best that Andrews seems to figure out is to give me a printout from the Yamaha Dealer system that lists a bunch of stuff by Type, Document #, Title, Description, and File.
i.e. TB, M2009-014, M2009-014, ALL MODELS WITH SHIM-TYPE VALVE ADJUSTMENT, 406 kb.

Now this is all very interesting and I might even like to look at some of those documents. But it sure as hell doesn't qualify as a declaration for RIV on the Canadian side that there are no recalls on this bike.

Any Yamaha dealership employees out there who can suggest how I can get a nice, simple one line letter, email, or fax from Yamaha saying my WR250R is not currently subject to any factory recalls?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Try hitting up 0007onwr. He's a rep. thumb

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:51 pm

I would contact Yamaha Customer Relations and see if they can help. I work for a dealer, but we are Yamaha Marine only. I do have access to all the Yamaha system online and I can tell you for a fact that there are no recalls on this bike. Not that that helps you any, just letting you know.

There are to date, only two technical service bulletins on this model. One for a misprint in the service manual, and one for proper chain adjustment procedures. Best I could do is provide you with copies of those bulletins. Your best bet would be to contact Customer Relations...

Yamaha Motors USA
Customer Relations Dept
Cypress, CA
1-866-894-1626
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 pm

mwakey wrote:
I would contact Yamaha Customer Relations and see if they can help. I work for a dealer, but we are Yamaha Marine only. I do have access to all the Yamaha system online and I can tell you for a fact that there are no recalls on this bike. Not that that helps you any, just letting you know.

There are to date, only two technical service bulletins on this model. One for a misprint in the service manual, and one for proper chain adjustment procedures. Best I could do is provide you with copies of those bulletins. Your best bet would be to contact Customer Relations...

Ah thank you, I'm already ahead of the curve on that. Did that not long after deciding I'd try Yamaha direct while waiting for suggestions.

It just gets better and better. I'd posted here and called Yamaha because I got tired of Andrews Cycles (bought one of the fleabay bikes, but via phone call) trying to get it right as far as documentation needed to do the RIV thing at the border so I'm legal on both sides of the border. They're sending my paperwork all over the globe where I'm not, not responding to emails, etc.

I get connected to buddy at Yamaha, he says he'll be happy to mail or fax me the recall thing, asks for the VIN number.

So I give it to him. Short period of silence. Followed by "Ummmm... the bike is not registered to you; it is registered to somebody else nowhere near Montana as of April 24th".

Really? Well, I have the bike - I wonder what the other guy has? My missing paperwork, perhaps?

So the short story is he can't issue me the letter because I'm not the owner of record. He suggests I go call Andrews Cycles again. I tell him that would be dangerous for all concerned. He agrees that he will get in touch with Andrews and straighten it out with them, and then get back to me.

What probably happened is somebody simply transposed VIN numbers from a list of sold bikes. But after all the foulups with paperwork from Andrews and their delays in getting me my bike, it really was The Last Great Annoyance.

Gimme my damned paperwork!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Maybe you should try our southern boarder. I hear they let anything across down there. Paperwork not needed. wink

Sorry for the humor. I understand how pissed you must be after hearing that. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
BigBoar

BigBoar

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 am

email me the vin# let me see what i can do for you
chad@bigboarpowersports.com
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 11:09 am

BigBoar wrote:
email me the vin# let me see what i can do for you
chad@bigboarpowersports.com
Thanks. Got it sorted out about five weeks ago...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?   Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help! Any Yamaha dealership folks out there?
Page 1 of 1