Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

first dualsport

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:40 pm

hello everryone. just picked up a 08 wr250x yesterday. it is my first dirt bike. i have had street bikes and use to be a 4 wheeler rider. well since gas prices have went up and i miss my last sport bike, i decided to go this route in hopes to be able to defeat high gas prices and get back out in the woods. right now it has street tires. i plan on swapping them out for some dual sport style tires. i will be trolling around to see what others have done to theirs in hopes to get mine to where i want mine.

Back to top Go down
alansz400

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Welcome. I live in Loudonville Ohio and have 2008 R there are a few other R owners around Ohio. Let me know if you want to ride some time. We were at Perry State park yesterday playing in the mud. Post up some pictures of your new ride. Alan
Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm

this is after i bought it yesterday.

first dualsport 2012-04-05_11-42-00_656

perry is a blast. i rode it all the time when i had my big bear. i use to hit the resviour area and pond everytime i was down there. i might actually spend the money this year and hit wayne. for atleast one day been many years since i have been there. you guys will have to let me know or where to look when you guys head down. i would need to know about a week in advance since i work every weekend. cry

Back to top Go down
alansz400

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 pm

WOW thats clean. Is it new or used? If used how many miles? Did you find it in Ohio?
Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:25 am

thanks, yep bought here in lancaster. was the sales mans bike. dealer maintained and 5000 miles. kind of the reason i had bought it.

took a 50 mile trip on it yesterday and it did well, had a bad head wind to.

Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 am

very nice... do yourself a favor though and ditch the factory rear sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:57 am

I have a set of Shinko 244's with a thousand miles on them that I would sell for next to nothing. Especially if you bought one of my cargo racks. Expect to lose a few mpg's with the 17" knobbies though.
Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Arkmage wrote:
very nice... do yourself a favor though and ditch the factory rear sprocket.

i have been thinking of it.

Jnscaggs wrote:
I have a set of Shinko 244's with a thousand miles on them that I would sell for next to nothing. Especially if you bought one of my cargo racks. Expect to lose a few mpg's with the 17" knobbies though.

send me a pm with info, pics and price. i wouldn't mind some offroading tires,

Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 am

so i hit a puddle or two.

first dualsport IMG_0006
first dualsport IMG_0005

Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:35 pm

took it over to perry to try it out on the street tires. lets put it this way they suck!!!! lol but it was worth playing around on. i did pick up a set of tires off another member along with some led hand gaurds and eliminated the front turn signals. the rear is my next goal. here are some pics of my aftermath.

first dualsport IMG_0016
first dualsport IMG_0014
first dualsport IMG_0012
first dualsport IMG_0011
first dualsport IMG_0010

the only thing bothering me about the bike is it has a dead spot at full throttle until it is up to operating tempature. any one have any ideas. the bike is completely stock also.

Back to top Go down
mrthompson

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:04 am

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1141-wr-taco-in-diagnostic-mode

this sounds like the answer to my issue. man i really am impressed with this site. thanks

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

first dualsport Empty
PostSubject: Re: first dualsport   first dualsport Empty

Back to top Go down

first dualsport
Page 1 of 1