Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner, long time since a dualsport

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WR250RON

New owner, long time since a dualsport Empty
PostSubject: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:03 am

Hello, I've already learned a lot here and on ADVrider. The WR250R seems to have gained a good reputation so I bought a new 08 last Saturday. Unfortunately we have barely been above zero since so it sits with zero miles New owner, long time since a dualsport Icon_rolleyes Why do I always buy in Winter? New owner, long time since a dualsport 93746 Anyway I'm looking forward to some riding, my last dual sport if you can call it that was a 1977 XT500 that was junk that I got rid of back in 1978, but before that had a DT400 Yamaha I got brand new 33 yrs ago today for $949, before that 3 175 yamaha CT1-CT3 models and a 90 HT1 i got new in 1971 thanks to my parents. I really liked all the enduros minus the XT500. I also have a 2008 Goldwing as the opposite end of riding I enjoy a lot and 6 old Kawasaki KZs and a 1974 H2 triple. I never sell anything, they just accumulate New owner, long time since a dualsport 29721 so I'm hoping the Yamaha will be a good addition.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 am

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 am

Howdy. :)

If this is your first dual-purpose bike since those olden daze, you're in for quite a treat with the WR-250R.
Just be sure to do the mods that most people do to these bikes, which can be read about in the Mods forum on this website.
The way they sit stock, they're all choked-up with crazy regulations so you can't hear it run.
Back to top Go down
2goose

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:40 am

Yeah, get a load muffler so you can ruin your bottom end power and annoy other trail users
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm

WR250RON wrote:
Hello, I've already learned a lot here and on ADVrider. The WR250R seems to have gained a good reputation so I bought a new 08 last Saturday.

Welcome aboard

2goose wrote:
Yeah, get a load muffler so you can ruin your bottom end power and annoy other trail users
Hey 2goose, in my best Sergeant Hulka voice, “Lighten up Francis” New owner, long time since a dualsport 851577
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

Exactly. :)
There are exhaust mufflers beside the stock one to choose from, ones that ain't loud and irresponsible.

A lot of riders here have the FMF Q4 muffler and Powerbomb head pipe, as I do.
Not gonna' hurt your bottom end power, less weight, more power, and the noise from it ain't offensive (and I believe if somebody does complain about the noise from it, they'd a' complained anyway even if I had the stock muffler on because they're just being grouchy losers about my being there on my motorcycle to start with. :) ).
Just be sure to get a fuel injection programmer along with it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner, long time since a dualsport   New owner, long time since a dualsport Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner, long time since a dualsport
Page 1 of 1