Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trail Tech X2 and extensions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecarnell

Trail Tech X2 and extensions? Empty
PostSubject: Trail Tech X2 and extensions?   Trail Tech X2 and extensions? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:01 am

My headlight lense in cracked - and refuse to pay $300+ for a new yamaha one - so looking for a replcement light. Must be DOT.

I'm new to even thinking about replacing lights - so be easy on me.

from what I have read before the X2 wont' fit do to our clusters in the way - and I do not want to get involed in moving this - so want a light in best case - be plug and play....

I understand the bootom our of headlight assembly shroud pushes int our ender for support (unlike all other after market lights) - but can you not potentially add in in aother quick release strap at the bootom of the forks and then some extensions to get the headlight out further (or is this still not enough?).

http://www.trailtech.net/3600-MS.html

https://www.denniskirk.com/moose/headlight-extensions.p214837.prd

The other option (not as nice looking IMO) - is the Acerbis Cyclops - which guys have installed successfully by the looks of it.

Can anyone comment on the wiring changes required for either of these lights? Can you buy a patch kit for out existing harness to either of these lights?

Back to top Go down
Bikeman

Trail Tech X2 and extensions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Tech X2 and extensions?   Trail Tech X2 and extensions? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 am

Do a google search or site search for wr250 AND KTM headlight. There is a KTM stock headlight for about $75 that is supposed to be a direct replacement
Back to top Go down

Trail Tech X2 and extensions?
Page 1 of 1