Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Breathing mods and stalling?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

Breathing mods and stalling? Empty
PostSubject: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

I finally did it :( and thought I would see if anyone else got that far yet. Once you do all of the clear breathing mods, the thing idles poorly and sometimes just dies while sitting at a light etc...
Time for that little adjustment you have to do with the grounding the lean indicator wire and stuff I guess? Anyone else gotten their bike to the point where it will sometimes die? Its not an all the time thing, but it does idle very slowly and fairly roughly, enough so that at about 1/10 stops it just dies.

The last straw was the backfire screen eliminator kit and holes in the side panel.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Sounds to me like you've got a vacuum leak. Even with the airbox door off and the backfire screen eliminator no toil kit I've never had to screw with my CO mode to have a stable idle.

If I pop the throttle open too fast from idle it will stall once in a blue moon... but so rarely I don't bother worrying about it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 am

I have no AIS, no airbox door, an FmF Q4 pipe (but it does have the spark arrester in still), flapper mod, and stock Yamaha air filter.

I've never had a stalling issue.

My idle is never rough.

Could it be an idle speed adjustment you need?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:37 am

motokid wrote:
I have no AIS, no airbox door, an FmF Q4 pipe (but it does have the spark arrester in still), flapper mod, and stock Yamaha air filter.

I'm a step worse than that... I've got the no toil super flow filter, GYTR pipe with out the arrester, removed flapper and ported the snorkel, removed the airbox lid, removed AIS.

Shy of eliminating the airbox, getting a cam, and porting the head I don't know that I can add any more flow through this motor.

It still idles fine.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 pm

You can hear it do it in the first part of this. I rev it up, and when I let it drop back to idle it just dies. Thats how it is, it doesn't usually die just sitting there idling (though sometimes it will), it usually dies when you disturb it if cold and sometimes just randomly even when warm at idle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DVn-J7sHCg

plug maybe? Wish the plug wasn't such a pain to change. I do remember distinctly though when I changed the last two numbers on my programmer to 0s the idle sped up significantly and sort of cleaned up a bit, also became more responsive. I may go back to that.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm

oic0 wrote:
I rev it up, and when I let it drop back to idle it just dies.

That sounds like a vacuum leak.

oic0 wrote:
it usually dies when you disturb it if cold and sometimes just randomly even when warm at idle.

This sounds like a fuel tuning problem. Most likely the acceleration enrichment value is too lean. This would also happen if there is a vacuum leak.

I would start buy checking the vacuum. If it's in the normal range (my gauge has a green zone that's proven to be a reliable indicator) then my next stop would be the fuel programmer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breathing mods and stalling?   Breathing mods and stalling? Empty

Back to top Go down

Breathing mods and stalling?
Page 1 of 1