Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

quic fmf programmer setting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
team510

quic fmf programmer setting? Empty
PostSubject: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 pm

i have a x with the normal mods,fmf powercore,ais/flapper......i have my settings pretting good but today i removed the air box door(just had a 1in hole in it before) should i adjust the fmf programmer? or ride it and see how it goes? it does sound alot louder.

i think a extra number plate with a scoop on it with no door for the street would be cool . than the stock number plate with the door back on for offroad would be nice.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:33 pm

When I first took my airbox door off I ran it with no changes to my programmer.

I noticed it was popping and backfiring on deceleration so I adjusted settings a tiny bit until I had no popping and backfiring.

I say go ahead and see what the bike feels like then adjust based on that.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
team510

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 pm

thanks kid!!!
Back to top Go down
team510

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:45 pm

well holy sh&*!!! wow my programmer settings must have been waiting for this mod!! bike runs 100x better! i thought it ran good before!!!

if your not taking your bike off road pull that door off! front tire didnt want to stay down!
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:47 pm

k, that's it!

i'm gonna try pulling my door off and see what happens..

Can't wait. freaky
Back to top Go down
xaman

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:36 pm

Seriously, you just unscrewed the door and left it off?

I'm running a K&N filter, would it be wise to leave the door off? Or should I get something a little more restrictive?
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:58 am

hello team510, what do you have your fmf programmer set at ??? I just installed 6 one inch uni filters on my air box,,,I'm thinking that if I'm bringing in more air than I probably need to change my settings,,,,,,I have gotten a few backfiring when decelerating like Motokid described,,,,,,,I've got t he usual mods,,,similar to you ad motokid,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks,,,Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quic fmf programmer setting?   quic fmf programmer setting? Empty

Back to top Go down

quic fmf programmer setting?
Page 1 of 1