Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

missing my wr250x denver CO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matt675

missing my wr250x denver CO Empty
PostSubject: missing my wr250x denver CO   missing my wr250x denver CO EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:19 am

Hello, I am a new member to this forum. I have been reading posts from this site for a while now and decided to share my passion with fellow riders.

I had many bikes in the past like a lot of you, but I miss my wr250x the most. I sold it couple of years ago and regret it ever since. Grew up on dirt bikes and in the last 15 years I have owned R1, GSXR1000, daytona675, DR650, wr250x, Huskvarna510smr, Triumph Bonneville. All great bikes for different purpose but man I miss my old wr250x. Slowest of the bunch but most fun I had on a bike. 510smr was a blast but I found, it was not an everyday bike and always thinking about having to check the valves and changing the oil. Wanted something less maintenance and still light and fun to ride everyday. So I am about to pick up a used wr250x in Oklahoma city for $4000. I am from Denver CO. Will be flying into the city to meet the guy and ride the bike back to Denver. I hope it will be a fun adventure and weather will behave. Its about 650 mile trip. Anyway since I had this bike before I know its capable, just have to make frequent stops for gas. This bike comes with GYTR exhaust, Power bomb, FMF programmer and a K&N filter, has about 2200 miles and the Gentleman I am buying the bike from seemed to took care of it very well.

Looking forward to my trip :)
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: missing my wr250x denver CO   missing my wr250x denver CO EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Great to see you jump back on a WR! thumb

If the owner took good care of the bike it will have no problem doing the trip. I'd me more worried about the rider Very happy

Half a year ago I took a trip from Italy to Germany on my R, with 30kg of luggage went from sea level to 10,000 feet over the alps and back down. 700 miles in one day and not a single hiccup or complaint from my baby bow Can't say I wasn't properly dismantled by the time I arrived 16 hours later, but man it was great wink

Enjoy the trip!
Back to top Go down
matt675

PostSubject: Re: missing my wr250x denver CO   missing my wr250x denver CO EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:42 am

That's good to hear, I know these bikes are very reliable.
Your trip sounds fantastic!
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

PostSubject: welcome back to the WR250x   missing my wr250x denver CO EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Sounds like you got a good one, if you do follow thru. Would like to see some pics, sounds like its almost brand new too. Yamaha quit making the X model as of this year, FYI. The R is still available, but the X is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: missing my wr250x denver CO   missing my wr250x denver CO Empty

Back to top Go down

missing my wr250x denver CO
Page 1 of 1