Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Question about year/model

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hashtronaut

Question about year/model Empty
PostSubject: Question about year/model   Question about year/model EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi, I have a question about the yamaha wr250r. I wasn't sure where to ask, but it seems as tho the members of this forum have plenty of knowledge and provide useful feedback so I came here. Anyway, my question is this:

Is there any real advantage of buying a newer model? I'm saving up some cash and was planning on getting a 2010 model, but now that I look more I see that 2008 and 2009 models are noticeably cheaper. Are there any reasons other than the obvious (newer, less mileage) that makes the 2010+ models better? Or should I save myself some money and grab one that's a little older but still in good condition?

Thanks for all help,
Hashtronaut
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Question about year/model   Question about year/model EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:35 pm

The only difference is color and some early '08 models had a fuel pump failure issue.

You can save yourself some cash, it won't matter much in the long run.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Question about year/model   Question about year/model EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Except for the fuel pump issue in early'08, I don't think there is any difference...aside from some very slight, cosmetics.
I'ld take an '08 in a heartbeat, to save some cash.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Question about year/model   Question about year/model EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Color choices. Rubber gasket on sprockets of 2008 models, and fuel pump issues on some 2008's.

Other than that, they are all the same.

Save money, buy a slightly used older model and use saved money to farkle the shit out of it. freaky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about year/model   Question about year/model Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about year/model
Page 1 of 1