Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error code 24 on display

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mesha

Error code 24 on display Empty
PostSubject: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello!
Couple of days ago error code "24" appeared on display of my 2008 wrr. I cant find this code in manual! Could someone help me with it? Whats that code about? Thank u!
Back to top Go down
foofighter

foofighter

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:13 pm

On a V-Star is means the O2 sensor... Is your bike North American or European?
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Mine EU version too. 32D

Got today "engine trouble light" while short cruising on 145 kph/90 mph. At refuel station dash shows "24", that means "error code 24", huh?
But started as usual and travel me home next 20 km with no issues.

O2 disconnected a month-two ago with no side effect/trouble light.
Fmf, stock exhaust, air flapper removed.
Good thing is that O2 sensor is still in place so I will connect it tomorrow to check this relation.
Stay tuned!
May be I will google something related today..
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Hmm.. Just back from garage. I tried to find "24" at diag mode with no luck. Also tried connect back O2 sensor - same result. May be I should ride for some time with O2 plugged in? Will try tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Just found this on TT
Quote :

chrispdawg12
Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:29 AM
Just in case anyone was interested in how this Issue got resovled,
I tried plugging the O2 sensor back in and riding around for a few miles which did nothing and in the end I had to take it to the yamaha dealer who had to reset the ECU. They could not explain why the light appeared either. The only other bike where this error seems to appear is the R1 and there it also occurs when you ride the bike at the top of the rev range for a prolonged period. The lesson learnt is to ease off the throttle every so often when riding on the highway. I think you can probably just keep going with the warning light on but if something else happens while you are riding you may not notice the fault before its too late.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:22 pm

baldy How can I be so unattending?? I found description of error code 24 at service manual. Page 8-39.
Error code 24 on display Code2410

Error code 24 means that ECU flapping of "error" and "no error" situation. That actually happens can be found under diag number 63.
Now I am looking how to check error code history.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:01 am

Congrat me, I've cleared that code. As I wrote yesterday, 24 means flapping of one of triggers. So I checked 60 61 62 63 diag modes and found mention about error code 30 that was flapped twice during my ride. 30 - regarding to service manual is lean angle sensor related.
Actually now I figured out why this hapenned. Cruising at 6-th gear at WOT at 90 mph caused a significant vibration so I can't see anything at mirrors. Usually I used this to pass but this time I run such for 5 minutes at least.

Lesson learned. I need XT660X or GS650 for such trips.

PS. Later I will provide some photos and video of clearing error code.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Error code 24 on display Img_2011Error code 24 on display Img_2012Error code 24 on display Img_2013Error code 24 on display Img_2014Error code 24 on display Img_2015
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:46 pm

BTW connecting O2 sensor back and FMF to 0-0-0-xx-xx-xx gives me great MPG while traveling back :) 73 mpg (3.2 l/100km) with O2 and FMF disabled vs 51 mpg (4.6 l/100km) of city commuting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error code 24 on display   Error code 24 on display Empty

Back to top Go down

Error code 24 on display
Page 1 of 1