Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Future WR owner chiming in!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Unicorn Power

Unicorn Power

Future WR owner chiming in! Empty
PostSubject: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi guys!

I have a feeling the WR250X is going to be a fantastic bike for me. My main obstacle is to track one down nearby, preferably used.

I may have a lead on a low mileage '09.

Does anybody know off-hand if there are any differences between the more current model years? 10-12?

Cheers!

Will wink
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:29 pm

No significant changes were made to the bike since it was introduced in 2008. The only problem tackled was that of the bad fuel pumps in 2008.

Only change is graphics and colour designs.

and btw welcome!
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Power

Unicorn Power

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 pm

Great to know! Thanks for the response.

Cheers! thumb
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Welcome,,,, you have an interesting name UNI,,,,,what part of the country are you from ?? If you're patient you'll find one......good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jason,,,, freaky
Back to top Go down
Unicorn Power

Unicorn Power

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks, Jason.

I'm in Northern California -- San Francisco bay area.

Seller just sold the bike I had my eye on, even though I contacted him well before the guy he eventually sold it to... GAHHHH

Back on the hunt... deal
Back to top Go down
MO-tarder

MO-tarder

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 1:00 pm

One thing to add, Yamaha dropped the X model in 2012 FYI. WR250x is from 2008 to 2011 only.

No changes except color.

Hope you find a good one, Mine is the blue 08' model, and yes fuel pump has had issues. My buddy had the exact same bike and his fuel pump went out completely and had to have it replaced for around 300 smackers. ouch.

Peace YAM

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future WR owner chiming in!   Future WR owner chiming in! Empty

Back to top Go down

Future WR owner chiming in!
Page 1 of 1