Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Warp 9 front brake rub

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaynorcalx

Warp 9 front brake rub Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 pm

so me and a friend were going to balance my wheels (rim locks) and noticed a slight discoloration on the fromt brake rotor. i also noticed there is not enough contact surface on the rotor for the brake pad, but im assuming thats just cause of the design of the rotor? btw, i bought the rotor mounted on the rim from warp9. but what was even more concerning was how little the front wheels rotated when spun. this is my first bike, so my sm wheel is really the only thing id compare it to. any ideas? thoughts? here are two crappy iphone pics. thanks in advance
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
jefmad

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:59 am

My first guess is when you put the wheel on you accidently switched sides for the spacers. They are not same and if you mix them up that is exactly what happens.
Back to top Go down
Jaynorcalx

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am

thanks! thats what i was going to double check. think im going to get new brake pads and grease the caliper pins as well. hopefully ill have it figured out by my offroad adventure this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Jaynorcalx

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm

just curious, when give the wheel a good spin, how many full rotations does it do? i just want to make sure in not overreacting based on inexperience...
Back to top Go down
jefmad

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Don't know how many exactly, but it is several. If the brake pads are rubbing it will be not at all, otherwise you are probably OK.
Back to top Go down
Jaynorcalx

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:12 pm

ok, well it definitely isnt several. id say about around 1 rotation... soo it must be rubbing
Back to top Go down
Jaynorcalx

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:42 pm

update: i just got it back, i now notice the warp 9 rotor is 1 mm thicker, obviously causing the rubbing. anyone that has these, could you measure and compare yours to your X stock rotor? i hope someone can just convince me im too anal haha. but unfortunately i dunno...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 front brake rub   Warp 9 front brake rub Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp 9 front brake rub
Page 1 of 1