Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Warp 9 19" front

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
byron555

Warp 9 19" front Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 19" front   Warp 9 19" front EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Well I called Warp 9 and they are going to build me a 19" front wheel... Basically the same $$ as a 17". I want to get a 17" rear at some point to have 2 full sets of wheels. I am sick of spooning on knobbies when I want to trail ride. I figured I would start with the front wheel first. The front Shinko 705 is getting well worn, the rear is still pretty new.
Back to top Go down
byron555

Warp 9 19" front Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 19" front... so far so good   Warp 9 19" front EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Warp 9 19" front Vx9oymSXIdkH5kt9DodU0VgLKtQ-27RX_FyDA5KcVpw=w276-h207-p-no

The front tire initially had a wobble, it went away quickly... I plan on balancing the front tire as soon as I get some weights. The rotor works very good, some people have mentioned problems with Warp 9 rotors. It does turn quicker, stops better and is easy to lean over in the corners. Right now I am using the stock 18" rear wheel. with a matching shinko 705. If I do get a second rear rim, I'm not sure if I will get a 17" or 18"
Back to top Go down
beee

Warp 9 19" front Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 19" front   Warp 9 19" front EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Very nice. Its funny, I have the opposite experience. When I went from 17/17 to 18/21 it turns way easier, much more flickable with the narrow dirt tires.
Wouldn't you want to go with a wide rear rim to match the front wide rim?
Back to top Go down
byron555

Warp 9 19" front Empty
PostSubject: On road   Warp 9 19" front EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:18 am

I guess I should have clarified that it is better on road in the turning/stopping department, I have not hit any dirt with it yet. I've ridden a WRx with knobbies (17/17) off-road... Surprisingly good, but not nearly as good as the R with knobbies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warp 9 19" front Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 19" front   Warp 9 19" front Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp 9 19" front
Page 1 of 1