Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Took a new FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Delta_T

Delta_T

Took a new  FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive Empty
PostSubject: Took a new FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive   Took a new  FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

Last Saturday there was a Yamaha Power tour demo day at a a local dealership I got the chance to take two motorcycles for a testdrive.

I got all geared up and ready to go in the morning and decided to lube my chain before leaving. I then noticed that my tire was fubar ... Shog

Took a new  FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive Tire

No way I was going on my WRX so I called my friend and he luckely offered me to drive is BMW R1100R (or something or other). Which was a bit of a truck when you are used to driving a little Yammi. But I really appreciated the offer and off we went to Harrowsmith ON.

I really wanted to try out the FZ8 and Super Ténéré.
The FZ8 wasn't available so they offered me to take the FZ6R for a spin. I expected it to be somewhat of a none event, maybe even a bit boring even because a bike like this is completely off my radar.
But I was pleasantly surprised. Sooo smooth and easy to ride. Comfortable and it had a nice sound too. All in all a quality bike especially for the price but not really my kind of motorcycle.

Halfway during our ride I swapped with my friend who was driving the Super Ténéré.
To be honest, I was somewhat intimidated by its size but man-oh-man-man, what a machine. bow
I think Yamaha really nailed it. Once you get on it it feels like you can ride all day. Controls are easy, it is well balanced and doesn't feel heavy at al.
I'm in love, I've got to have me one of those ! droooool For longer trips you know.
My friend had exactly the same feeling as me. He is even considering selling his Harley and Beemer.
I hope Yamaha gives a discount if you buy two freaky

Took a new  FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive IMG_1876

Took a new  FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive IMG_1879
Back to top Go down

Took a new FZ6R and Super Ténéré for a testdrive
Page 1 of 1