Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Does the X and the R share the same frame???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edub30

Does the X and the R share the same frame???  Empty
PostSubject: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 pm

I'm in California and I have an out of state WR250X that I can't register because of an out of state VIN. I was told that I could register it if I found a frame from California. My X is an 09' and I managed to find an CA 08' WR250R frame. My question is will everything bolt right up? Is the X and the R the same specs? Is there any difference in the years? Any help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Yup, same frame, just a different color. No difference in years.
The only major difference between an R and an X is wheels and front brake.
Back to top Go down
edub30

PostSubject: Re: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Delta... The frame I was looking at got sold and now I'm back on the hunt for a California frame...
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 pm

You're welcome thumb

Good luck finding another frame.

Last edited by Delta_T on Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

PostSubject: Re: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 am

Ah government! How pointless this expedition seems. Good luck with your search. If it were me I would just buy the extra frame to register and not go to the trouble of rebuilding the exact same bike just to change VINs. I've never lived in CA but I have lived in some picky states and have not had anyone ever really look at the VIN. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the X and the R share the same frame???    Does the X and the R share the same frame???  Empty

Back to top Go down

Does the X and the R share the same frame???
Page 1 of 1