Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear wheel alignment advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chuckP

Rear wheel alignment advice Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:09 pm

I just mounted a 150/60 Battlax S20 on the rear. I have about 2.5mm of space between the chain and tire, so I want to make sure the rear tire is perfectly centered (dont trust the axle block marks). I measured the distance between the end of the swing arm and the axle block. It appears pretty straight, but I'd like to double check via the string method.

Now on my sportbikes, I always ran the string to a ruler across the front wheel, centered that ruler. And measured the distance between the string and front of the rear wheel. Since my WR sits on an upside down milk crate with plywood on top, i dont have the clearance down below to use this method. Anyone got any advice or a link to a how to? Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

I always measure from the center of the swingarm bolt to the center of the axle. I don't trust hash marks on axle blocks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I've never been that anal.

Sight down the chain after everything is buttoned up.
Spin the rear wheel.
Make sure chain is tracking straight and true.

Ride her like you stole her....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Good idea Coop. I'm pretty sure I have a touch of OCD, don't hate Very happy Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Motion Pro makes a simple easy-to-use chain alignment tool, specifically for the OCD thumb

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0048/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel alignment advice   Rear wheel alignment advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear wheel alignment advice
Page 1 of 1