Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My take on the limited edition bike

Go down 
+10
Notsolegit
motokid
mwakey
YamWOW!
craigq
0007onWR
SheWolf
boogn1sh
asheville thumper
john92
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
john92

My take on the limited edition bike Empty
PostSubject: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I made some graphics for my bike last night. They are kind of my interpretation of the yellow bikes graphics with a little twist. I plan on doing the other plastics similar to the yellow scheme too. I may get black side panels and put white on top and maybe do the two color headlight (if you look closely, they can be taken apart in the middle).As well as the minor touches that the fenders have. The graphics are cut vinyl (black/white) on the factory blue.

My take on the limited edition bike 100_1031

My take on the limited edition bike 100_1030
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:46 pm

That looks great...good job!!
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:05 pm

looks awesome. Now go run off a few more of those graphics and sell me a set ;-)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 pm

:thumb:I just love to see sweet custom jobs.

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:47 am

I love it but you need to slap your decal guy
He used the Piano logo and not motorsport

It does look good though, Nice job
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:03 am

are you talking about the circular logo or the type? I layed it out myself so I'll slap myself I guess. I'm pretty sure our bikes came with the little tuning fork logos on them. Which part do you mean?
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:24 am

Three tuning forks crossing each other in the centre is correct for either the motorsports or the music division thumb

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/images/motorcycles/2009_WR250R_DPBSE_1_l.jpg
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 am

Sweet graphics! Look a lot better then stock. thumb thumb

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm

craigq wrote:
Three tuning forks crossing each other in the centre is correct for either the motorsports or the music division thumb

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/images/motorcycles/2009_WR250R_DPBSE_1_l.jpg

Motorsports tuning forks extend outside the circle. Music forks stay inside the circle (like you have). Isn't that right 0007onWR? We talked about this once before in another thread I think.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I guess I'll adjust that when I get the chance or when these get messed up. The white is on top of the black so it could be a semi-easy fix.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:50 pm

mwakey wrote:
Motorsports tuning forks extend outside the circle. Music forks stay inside the circle (like you have). Isn't that right 0007onWR? We talked about this once before in another thread I think.

Man, you guys are sticklers for the details bow I would've never noticed the difference in the forks relative to the circle etc it if you didn't mention it Very happy

Here's some more info: http://www.global.yamaha.com/about/corporate/brand/logo_mark/index.html The M's are different too in the word "YAMAHA", the middle leg should extend all the way down and not partway for the motorsports division...
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:04 pm

john92 wrote:
I guess I'll adjust that when I get the chance or when these get messed up. The white is on top of the black so it could be a semi-easy fix.
So this sticker is two separate stickers layered? I just got a new graphic machine but I haven't got around to play with it.

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 am

Yes, I have a vinyl cutter/plotter. It cuts whatever color roll of vinyl you load onto it. Multi-color designs are made by layering. there is usually a couple options when it comes to the order of layering. This type of vinyl is thinner than the places that sell bike-specific graphics. Those are printed onto a thick sheet of vinyl. Those machines are big money though. In this case, I have a solid piece of black with the white details laid on top of it. I've done many colors at once like this. The only drawback is you can't do fades and stuff. Other than that, with enough practice and time in it, you can do just about whatever you can come up with.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Yes the logo's are completely different if you put them side by side you can see it
It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when I see advertizing with the wrong logo, but I work in the industry and it's my position to point out these errors's LOL
If anyone need's a logo for their bike I can e mail a hi res version to load into the Vinyl cutter
On the good side John, your bike has that retro look that is pretty cool
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:49 pm

0007onWR wrote:
Yes the logo's are completely different if you put them side by side you can see it
It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when I see advertizing with the wrong logo, but I work in the industry and it's my position to point out these errors's LOL
If anyone need's a logo for their bike I can e mail a hi res version to load into the Vinyl cutter
On the good side John, your bike has that retro look that is pretty cool

I do know what you mean. Because of working with local graphics for quite some time, my issue is usually spelling. I can be doing 100 mph down a highway and notice if a sign has misspelling on it or poor color combination. I do have the other logo, I just used the first one I saw and didn't realize the difference.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 pm

How does use of a trademarked image play into things like this?

Technically, are such things a violation without Yamaha's express permission?

Just asking.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Possibly, but I doubt all these places that make graphics for bikes and sell them have permission for all the logos they put on them. They're selling the graphic as a whole, not making money just because of a single logo on them. As for me, I made this for myself and made no money from it. I also put it on the brand new bike that I paid Yamaha a nice chunk of change for. If I can't use that logo to put back onto their product, there is a real problem there. Even when you buy a decal for your car window or something, it's really just free advertising for the company the logo may belong to.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Well now there is no confusion between my bike and a trumpet. It bugged me so I changed the type and logo. I reversed the logo while I was at it too. I ended up messing up the background so I redid the whole thing...

My take on the limited edition bike 100_1036

My take on the limited edition bike 100_1037

My take on the limited edition bike 100_1038
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm

That looks much better. Not just that the logo is correct now, but having the colors reversed makes it look a lot better too. thumb

I think it would look even better with blue side covers and fork protectors to match.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm

droooool

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks, I think it's going to be a combo of black/blue. I just ordered some pieces that I think will work out good.
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:04 am

John92, Check my topics to look at my bike, See what you can make with the white if you feel up to the challenge then if I like what I see I'll buy them off you, Postage to Australia at my expence.
Let me know, Very keen on your work!
Cheers,
Luke.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 am

My take on the limited edition bike Christmas08051

My friend did the NorthWest Adventure Rider and Yamaha sticker with my machine. I will have to figure out how to use the vectoring ( if that is how it is spelled) software. I did some horse trading for it. That software is $$. Safire Blue is a good Yamaha Blue match by the way. I am putting the large tank on if it ever gets here. I don't know if anything will stick to it.

Ok call me on the tuning forks guys. dunno

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:46 am

motokid wrote:
How does use of a trademarked image play into things like this?

Technically, are such things a violation without Yamaha's express permission?

Just asking.

The way it work's is you cannot make Yamaha branded anything including decals for the purpose of selling it

John the bike look's great, Nice job
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:48 am

YamWOW! wrote:
My take on the limited edition bike Christmas08051

My friend did the NorthWest Adventure Rider and Yamaha sticker with my machine. I will have to figure out how to use the vectoring ( if that is how it is spelled) software. I did some horse trading for it. That software is $$. Safire Blue is a good Yamaha Blue match by the way. I am putting the large tank on if it ever gets here. I don't know if anything will stick to it.

Ok call me on the tuning forks guys. dunno

LOL
Well there you go again, it's the Piano guy's that are going to have a problem with you
Wrong logo again
Now that's funny!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My take on the limited edition bike   My take on the limited edition bike Empty

Back to top Go down

My take on the limited edition bike
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next