Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Miles until reserve light comes on

Go down 
+4
f3joel
mwakey
INSTIGATOR
motokid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Miles until reserve light comes on Empty
PostSubject: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:04 pm

How far do you typically get before your reserve light comes on?

I'm fairly consistent at 80-82 miles.

Roughly 53 mpg.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Depends on mods and how hard you flog her.......

67 miles is pretty average for me.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Damn, you guys are flogging harder than me. I usually get to about 95-100 miles before the light comes on. I have the FMF programmer and full FMF exhaust and airbox mods. When the bike was total stock I went to about 110 miles before the light came on.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Mark, come on up and I'll show ya how to give her proper flogging thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Thank god for the rev limiter, or I'd be in big trouble.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:12 pm

I guess I'm gonna have to do that. No place down here to really get on it without attracting attention from the fuzz. Kinda sucks with only one road to ride on. I blast up to Card Sound once in a while, checking for cops on the way. If the coast is clear then I flog her on the way back. Very happy
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:40 pm

85-9o, light comes on when riding . Starting on the kickstand with around 70 miles will pop the light on.
Got the same setup as mark, I don't take it easy on her by any means.

edit: stock gearing

Last edited by f3joel on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:45 pm

You guys need to state what gearing you have too. Makes a big difference in mileage, whether you flog it or not. I am currently running stock gearing on my X.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Full exhaust,PCIII(accel pump turned on),K&N,Open airbox,AIS junk removed,stock front sprocket,45T rear.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 pm

You got me with the 45 rear Frank. I think that's where your mileage is going compared to my stock 42. Are you using the stock chain? I would think 45 would be a little tight.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:27 pm

As my signature states.....12t front.

Stock rear.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:40 pm

I had to replace the chain to make it fit. I have one of 12oclocker's speedo fix unit. Checked it with GPS. Before that, I'd get +/- 80 miles. I'm thinking(actually I know) the accel pump doesn't help mileage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:48 pm

what fuel level is supposed to trigger the reserve light? i've only had the bike for one two tanks worth and haven't been keeping track of mileage...but it would be good to know how much fuel i have left when the reserve light comes on.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:05 pm

It comes on with about half a gallon left in it.
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:11 pm

Uncorrected odometer with 12T front - 94 - 99 miles to reserve. Corrected that's about 53 - 55 mpg. Doesn't seem to matter how hard I run it unless I'm at 50 mph in 6th gear lugging along.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I go about 95-98 miles before the reserve light comes on. The bike is stock except for a PCIII & airbox mod.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 am

I've been having issues getting my fuel system tuned in right since I cheaped out and didn't get it dyno-tuned. My milage has been down about 7% in general since putting on the pipe and programmer. However, today I made a record since the mods. 142km when the fuel light came on. thumb
That's still a ways from my old record of 156km (both during commuting only, no track milage) but hopefully I'll get it sorted out yet.

Also, I am not light on the throttle. Yamaha gave it a throttle and a rev limiter. I indulge in both, frequently. Very happy
Back to top Go down
marty

marty

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:00 pm

mine always comes on at around 80-85 miles. bike is completely stock except for a hacked spark arrester and the flapper mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miles until reserve light comes on   Miles until reserve light comes on Empty

Back to top Go down

Miles until reserve light comes on
Page 1 of 1