Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light

Go down 
+11
deerHater
Boondocker
FG250WRR
MotoDad
KC0514
oic0
RattTongue
TBird1
motokid
BuilderBob
zone47
15 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  Empty
PostSubject: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:22 am

....pops on? bert

I've been noticing mine comes on pretty consistantly between 114 and 116 miles. Then to top it off, it takes 1.4 gallons. dddog Still thinking about a larger tank, but don't know if I wanna spend the money or not. amazon
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:18 am

Last time I checked, my low fuel light came on at 91 miles and took 1.511 gallons to fill up after I found a gas station at 94.6 miles. Got around 62.6 mpg. You're doing better than that.

Might look into the RotoPax option if you're looking to extend your range. Way cheaper than a new fuel tank.

How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  Loaded%20Rack
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
TBird1

TBird1

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:25 am

Usually about 105 to 110 miles, then it takes about 1.3 to 1.4 gallons to fill. This is mostly in rural to residential commuter mode. Off-road, I don't care! Very happy
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:27 pm

just about the exact same for me. around 110 then 1.4gal to fill up. Thats if I'm riding street, off-road mpg goes way down.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:23 am

Mine comes on around 90 miles and takes about 1.5 gallons. I switched to a 14 tooth sprocket, very little gain in mileage, about 1 or 2 mpg.
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Mine comes on at 103 uncorrected miles. I'm off by about 10%, so about 90 ish miles.

Back to top Go down
MotoDad

MotoDad

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:00 pm

Mine comes on at exactly 87mi. on mine every time, and I usually have to put in 1.4-1.5 gal. I guess I need to lay off the throttle more often.....NAW!!!! its way to fun!
Back to top Go down
FG250WRR

FG250WRR

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Hand li gents
To my side i do 120 kilometers, approx 74 miles off road ,
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

My fuel light comes on pretty consistently at 160 miles on the odometer.
Safari 3.5 gallon tank.
Fill with about 2.5 gallons
speedometer error about 18%, not sure on the odo, probably a little less.
I carry a 1-gallon Rotopax on a lot of my trips. It can be a long ways from anywhere in southern/central Nevada.
I like to keep my fuel pump submerged as much as possible, still on the iffy original at 8400 miles.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:10 pm

With the FMF Q4 muffler and megabomb header, and AI fuel programmer, my reserve light comes on between 200 - 260 kms. Depends on how often and for how long I keep the throttle pinned. Very happy

That's back roads street riding (have the X) with the IMS 3.1 tank, which I love!
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm

I usually get about 120 kms to the light....and my buddy's 2010 stocker gets about the same, possibly slightly better, but not freakin much.

...on the other side we've both ran 40 km, after the light , without running out of gas.

Last edited by mucker on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:56 pm

My little bugger comes on at about 68miles. I do screw her everywhere get the f out
Back to top Go down
rodney

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 pm

my light comes on ~70 miles or so. pissed off some riding buddies today because of the itty bitty tank. i see a 3gal in my future...
Back to top Go down
No~One

No~One

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 am

I'm around 150-160ish on the stock tank, it depends on this and that. I definitely need to upgrade tanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light    How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light  Empty

Back to top Go down

How many miles (odometer) do you go before your gas light
Page 1 of 1