Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Will I make it home?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swagger

Swagger

Will I make it home? Empty
PostSubject: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:54 pm

So i went out to move my bike and realized i do not have my walet. My reserve light has been on for 16.8 miles. Have a 15 mile ride home. 10 of which is the interstate. Ive made it before mods below once 30 miles but never this far afer mods. So the question is, will i make it home? dunno
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Myself, I would bum $5. I am paranoid about runnin the pump dry and causeing issues getting the fuel pump too hot and burning it out. If that could happen. Also, going right dry you suck up all the nasties in the tank.That's my $0.02.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 pm

If you get the same kind of mileage I get... you're probably screwed.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Arkmage wrote:
If you get the same kind of mileage I get... you're probably screwed.

Drove like grandma all the way home. It conked out as soon as i got in the yard. Was able to start it again to park it. cheers
Barely anything left
Will I make it home? 2012-014
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm glad you made it, but I wouldn't make it a habit of running that low. Bad for the pump.
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Coop wrote:
I'm glad you made it, but I wouldn't make it a habit of running that low. Bad for the pump.

Ive put about 10k on the bike this past year and have only ran it close once before. I fill up typically right at the light. You're right about the pump though, I dont want to piss it off now by running that low. Besides, driving slow and easy was alot harder than i thought and do not reccomend it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will I make it home?   Will I make it home? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will I make it home?
Page 1 of 1