Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new front blinkers need help with installition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cruiser_805

Cruiser_805

new front blinkers need help with installition  Empty
PostSubject: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:43 pm

well i got my wrr with stock front blinkers not gonna bs im a noob to working on my bike but i wanna install these bad boys my self its a pride thing lol but i need to know where basiclly to start and im i bitting off more then i can chew if any one can help it would be awesome... factory front blinkers to DRC moto LED blinkers
thanks CRUISER_805
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:00 am

Cruiser_805 wrote:
well i got my wrr with stock front blinkers not gonna bs im a noob to working on my bike but i wanna install these bad boys my self its a pride thing lol but i need to know where basiclly to start and im i bitting off more then i can chew if any one can help it would be awesome... factory front blinkers to DRC moto LED blinkers
thanks CRUISER_805

There's two wires per blinker, power and ground. Clip them. Then take the power and ground from the kit and connect them. That's it, in a nutshell. I connected mine with quick connects and heat shrink, and they've held up fine for over a year.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:27 am

Stock front blinkers have three wires. Ground (Black), running light (Blue) and blinker (chocolate).

I can recall reading where a few folks have managed to let the wires touch and blown fuses as a result. Shouldn't be an issue if the key is turned off. Although, best practices would say disconnect the battery before you do anything.

Edit: you didn't mention if the back blinkers were already LEDs. The reason I'm brining it up is that sometimes the blinkers will not work when you replace all the stock ones with LEDs. For some, even one set of blinkers causes issues (fast blink or no blink). The normal fix is to get a different blinker relay.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:51 am

Interesting. I just picked up a bike and it seems to blink faster than it should. The rear fender has been replaced and the rear lights are LED's. Front blinkers are stock though. It also seems like theres a column of LED's on the right side of it that aren't functioning. Any ideas on that? For the relay though, where do I find one, what specifically do I need etc?
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:04 am

The column might be part of a fancy brake light. It might flash when the brakes are applied or something along those lines. A picture might help as it may be a product one can purchse vs. a roll your own setup.

That column may mean that it already has a different relay in it and that you'll need to find the appropriate part for it. If it has the normal relay, a replacement can be found in this thread - click me It's in one of the posts by YamWOW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new front blinkers need help with installition    new front blinkers need help with installition  Empty

Back to top Go down

new front blinkers need help with installition
Page 1 of 1