Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jckid

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up Empty
PostSubject: WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up   WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi. I've been on ADV and some other forums for a while, but have just joined this one. I bought a 2011 WR250X about six weeks ago. I don't usually buy used motorcycles, but it only had 844 miles on it and looked brand new, so I took the plunge. I searched for a new California X model, but couldn't locate one. My other bikes are a Husqvarna SM610, Kawasaki KLX351, and a Honda CT110. I currently have the Husky for sale, and the WR was going to be the replacement, but I'm kind of having cold feet about selling it now, so we'll see. I just don't have the time to ride all four, since riding is not my only hobby, but it's kind of fun having a fleet to pick from, at least for a while.

Here's a pic:

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up IMG_20120727_192832

And here's my first ride pic:

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up IMG_20120826_112628

And here's one of my other bikes:

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up IMG_20120618_201626
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up   WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Nice selection of bikes. I am also new here, but I guess I will say welcome anyway... Very happy

I am interested to know why you chose the WRx and decided to sell the SM610. I have always wanted a 610, but settled on the WRx as being more practical for my daily commute. But if I found a 610 in good shape for a decent price, I likely would have jumped on it before buying the WR. Can you share what you like or dislike about the 610 vs. the 250?
Back to top Go down
jckid

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up   WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:13 pm

dmmcd wrote:
Nice selection of bikes. I am also new here, but I guess I will say welcome anyway... Very happy

I am interested to know why you chose the WRx and decided to sell the SM610. I have always wanted a 610, but settled on the WRx as being more practical for my daily commute. But if I found a 610 in good shape for a decent price, I likely would have jumped on it before buying the WR. Can you share what you like or dislike about the 610 vs. the 250?

Thanks for the welcome. I actually love my 610. That's why I'm having a difficult time parting with it and having serious second thoughts about selling it. It's been a great bike, and the power is awesome compared to my other bikes. The reasons for selling (if I do Very happy ) is that it's always been a bit on the big/heavy side for me (it weighs more than 3X as much as me), and because I bought it for traveling, and it looks like I will be traveling less in the future. For day trips and shorter rides, I prefer to take a smaller bike. My thought was to get down to one "do it all" bike, and my plan was to pick up R wheels in addition to my X wheels. But now I don't know. I may keep the 610 and sell the KLX and trail bike instead. Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up   WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250X Owner...Just Signing Up
Page 1 of 1