Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member/owner signing in.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Banger

New member/owner signing in.  Empty
PostSubject: New member/owner signing in.    New member/owner signing in.  EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi All

Thought I'd start things off with a quick Hello.

I'm in the UK, border of Kent and London, and I picked up my first WRR yesterday, 2010 model.
Been riding about 30 years. You name it . . if it's got gears and wheels it's likely I've thrashed it at some point. I haven't ridden any dirt/off-road for over 10 years, apart from a 3 day stint out in Thailand this Feb. (Which was waaay more intense than I was ready for if I'm honest)

Bout a year ago the local scumbag scrotes broke into my garage and relieved me of 3 shiny new bikes, all my tools, lids etc etc.  Since then I can barely get Insurance for the 2 road bikes I have left so I've not had a new toy for a while.
Anyhoo, I've been tempted with a bit of Green laning recently and a mate offered me his 250R for a great price . . so I went for it.
Did my first 30ish miles of lanes today . . and had a blast. Very happy

It's got all the Mods done that seem to be the norm, but still stock cogs:
FMF Q4 and power bomb header
AIS delete
Air box mod done
FMF programmer unit installed.

I have some questions - shocker I know - but wanted to Introduce myself first before bending ears.
Looking forward to learning about, and enjoying, a completely different type of bike to my norm.

Cheers
Rob.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: New member/owner signing in.    New member/owner signing in.  EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 1:48 pm

welcome rob, not many WRR's in the UK, you lucked out with your mate thumb

sorry to hear about the break in, how the f=ck did they manage to get away with all those bikes AND your tools, what a nightmare!
Back to top Go down
Banger

PostSubject: Re: New member/owner signing in.    New member/owner signing in.  EmptySun Aug 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Thanks. I must admit, when looking at the UK market, I've only seen one other for sale recently.
It was a year older, nearly twice the miles and went for almost £1k more than I paid.
*Mental Note - Buy my mate a good bottle of something. *

You wouldn't believe the circumstances around the theft, flats all above and surrounding the garage . . no-one saw or heard anything . . apparently. baldy baldy
Ah well . . Lesson learned there about my neighbours!

Got my first day out on the WR on some lanes/offroad yesterday. Despite it being a 1/4 of the CC of my other bikes . . . . I had an absolute blast.
Amazing how quick some old habits/skills come back.

Giggling in my lid like I was a kid again. wings
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: New member/owner signing in.    New member/owner signing in.  EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Banger wrote:
*Mental Note - Buy my mate a good bottle of something. *

agree freaky

Yeah I bought my '14 WRR new and quickly decided it's a keeper. Admittedly it's not the greatest on power, but is more than enough for a hoot on trails and tarmac, the reliability is second to none and I have other bikes I can lose my license with wink  

It's a bit quiet here so don't be surprised if you don't get an answer immediately, however chances are any questions you do have would have been covered over the years thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member/owner signing in.    New member/owner signing in.  Empty

Back to top Go down

New member/owner signing in.
Page 1 of 1