Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

E-Bay Tail Rack

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
Krabill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krabill

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Ebay tail rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 am

Anybody using one and what do you think about it?

ebay rack
E-Bay Tail Rack Xcvh51

Last edited by Krabill on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:38 am

I saw that one too. Be interesting to see how stable it is. Sorry Krabill...didn't mean to ruffle feathers. Shog

Admin
YamWOW!

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 am

Krabill wrote:

ebay rack
E-Bay Tail Rack Xcvh51

I was wondering how strong the front is with
a little weight if it would crack? I would like to know also it seems
to be a good price.
Back to top Go down

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 am

I really don't like how there is a long lever effect on the rack. Even with minimal weight I think the flexing it will take on the trail will cause it to crack near the welds/lever point in a short amount of time.

There is a similar rack that is made for the XR650R, this one uses three support legs and suffers the same problem. I've read numerous posts where this rack has cracked since it is levered and not supported on all corners. The WRR version is even worse!

Here's a pic of the XR650R E-bay rack.

E-Bay Tail Rack A55d_110

Im my opinion the E-bay WRR rack or the one pictured is a poor design and will leave you without a rack when you need it most, miles from home. But you know what they say opinions are worth Very happy

Hodakaguy
Back to top Go down
Krabill

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 am

I know what you're saying. It looks like it might crack after bouncing around back there for a while.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 am

not to mention that it isn't very streamlined... i'd hate to lose some ass-meat on that ebay rack in the case of a "rapid dis-embarkment maneuver", LOL! eeek Suspect

Very happy
Back to top Go down
Krabill

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:04 am

My thoughts exactly. I went ahead and ordered the GYTR version from Yamaha.
Back to top Go down

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm using the ebay rack now. Seems to be good quality and a very good fit.

Krabill wrote:

ebay rack
E-Bay Tail Rack Xcvh51
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:14 pm

JWRX50 wrote:
I'm using the ebay rack now. Seems to be good quality and a very good fit.

+1 I have about 1000 miles on mine with no problems. I carry a Nelson Rigg tail bag that fits perfectly. I carry a few tools and day ride junk in there.

E-Bay Tail Rack 2814170355_cf907a1699

Next up is a slightly longer, simple heat shield so I can throw a pair of NR saddlebags over the back. That will probably be a summer project.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack EmptySun May 30, 2010 8:49 am

I bought one of these when I got my WR because it was $100 less than the GYTR & had a wider surface area. The quality is very good & is also made here in the USA! In the instructions, it does state that the weight limit is 10lbs. Plus it installs quickly using stock mounting points so you don't drill holes in your plastic. In the end though, each of us has different needs for a rack so I guess a heavy load of cargo will need a stronger design. I just carry lighter day to day items & this is plenty strong for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

E-Bay Tail Rack Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Bay Tail Rack   E-Bay Tail Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

E-Bay Tail Rack
Page 1 of 1