Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Servo sub build

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
Chrispy1200
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Finally found some time to build my Steveakus servo sub. My board building skills ain't pretty but it works. wink

Servo sub build DSCN2069_tn

More like welded together than soldered.
Servo sub build DSCN2070_tn

Found this box at the local electronics store for 2 bucks.
Servo sub build DSCN2071_tn

Potted with 5 minute epoxy. Damn, that thing got hot
with all them exothermic reactions and what not...
Servo sub build DSCN2073_tn

Done !! I went for the hard wired option.

Servo sub build DSCN2074_tn
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 am

Nice job, Chris! thumb

motokid

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Pardon my ignorance.....but what's that contraption do exactly?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:06 pm

It replaces the EXUP servo on the left side of the bike (under the battery) where the EXUP cables mount. If you remove your EXUP valve from the exhaust and the cables, you no longer need the EXUP servo, so this replaces it to save some weight/space. There are several different types of "servo subs". This is one of the DIY models. You need to have something plugged into the factory harness where the servo is or else you will get a CEL code. Some people just leave the servo installed and only remove the EXUP valve and cables, but others want the whole thing gone to save even more weight. That is where the servo sub comes into play.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:13 am

& CEL code means..........

Already have the can off trying to figure how to get the butter fly valve out but would like to understand a little bit more about that code.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am

CEL = Check Engine Light.

In other words, the ECU will throw a trouble code if you disconnect the EXUP servo and start the engine.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 11:27 am

Ok great, I understand better.
Will the motor still run while the CEL is lit up or is there any reduced power?
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:59 pm

From what I've read, there is no reduced power, just the CEL light. As far as I know nobody has run one long enough like that to see what effects is has on the engine in the long run.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:30 pm

I built the servo sub and have been using it for quite a while but the other day I was cruising down the hiway at 100k and it popped code 18 which is "Servo motor stuck"
I shut it off and restarted it and it stayed on, revved it a few times in neutral and it went away and has not come back again

Just a comment, I think just stickin a resistor in the test circuit is just as good and much much easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Servo sub build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Servo sub build   Servo sub build Empty

Back to top Go down

Servo sub build
Page 1 of 1