Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Post crash damage assessment??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shep546

Post crash damage assessment??  Empty
PostSubject: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 pm

So I posted in an earlier thread how I dumped my bike on a gravel road through a turn, I broke my thumb, bent my bars, minor cosmetic damage. Now I replaced the bars and a few cowlings that got scraped now I just noticed my front tire is no longer perfectly in line with my front fender. How do I check if I messed up my forks I haven't ridden it yet as my thumb is still in a cast.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 pm

I would start by loosening the whole front end. Bars, triple clamp bolts and front axle. There is a good chance that the front twisted and will come back to position if you loosen it up. Also check the front fender to see if it moved. This is a common routine for me when I drop the bike.
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Can I do that with weight on wheels or do I need to buy a center stand?

edit: so i just went out and loosened the bottom clamps that also have those reflector brackets and wa-la! magically went back in place... re-torqued the bolts... I got my cast off my thumb today and I can operator the clutch fine but hurts too much pressing the turn signals so i think I'm gonna wait a bit don't wanna rush it but I'm dieing to ride.

Anyways thanks man I was sweating for a second there for sure! thumb
Back to top Go down
japako

japako

PostSubject: Re: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:21 am

shep546 wrote:
Can I do that with weight on wheels or do I need to buy a center stand?

edit: so i just went out and loosened the bottom clamps that also have those reflector brackets and wa-la! magically went back in place... re-torqued the bolts... I got my cast off my thumb today and I can operator the clutch fine but hurts too much pressing the turn signals so i think I'm gonna wait a bit don't wanna rush it but I'm dieing to ride.

Anyways thanks man I was sweating for a second there for sure! thumb

I would also reset the whole front end. What you did may have worked but your forks could still be slightly tweeked.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Gravel roads suck huh baldy my best friend lives down one about half a mile long with loose gravel that gets pushed around by semis going to gas wells. Every ride down it is an adventure that requires complete concentration. Surprisingly its easier to ride my cruiser down it than my dirt bike based sumo lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post crash damage assessment??    Post crash damage assessment??  Empty

Back to top Go down

Post crash damage assessment??
Page 1 of 1