Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Damage starting to add up

Go down 
+6
skierd
wildmotha
SpiritWolf15
SheWolf
YZEtc
inspector
10 posters
AuthorMessage
inspector

inspector

Damage starting to add up Empty
PostSubject: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:03 am

I only have one, maybe two crashes left before I have to put her away for awhile.
Here's my latest crash. (all of them have been slow speed crashes)
Damage starting to add up Image048-3
Damage starting to add up Image049-2

Didn't think it was much until I started trying to straighten stuff up a little while ago for a ride tomorrow. I like to put stuff off. lol
I thought this bend was normal until it got a little worse.
Damage starting to add up Image000-10

Hard to tell but there is a crease in the bars.
Damage starting to add up Image002-11

Both the hand gaurd mounts looked like this. I straightened the other one thou because the clutch lever was hitting.
Damage starting to add up Image003-11

I replaced the mirror with this. They said it was stock but it doesn't match. Also has an adaptor. My guess is they are only selling the right hand side one and including an adaptor with it so you can also use it for a left hand side.
Damage starting to add up Image001-12

This is the only thing that hasn't gotten worse from when I got the bike. Still bent.
Damage starting to add up Image004-11

Anyway, all this just to say, I'm about to hang up the boots for the season. Usually I ride all year round, but with my job being the way it is right now, and not expected to get better until mid-next year, can't afford all these replacement things.

*Maybe I should just stop crashing? Naw....that part is fun too!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 9:04 am

I'd get an Emgo mirror with the fold-down ball-and-socket arrangement.
When you're off-road, you fold it down against your handlebar and get it out of the way.
That way, it's not out there asking to get busted and possibly taking your clutch lever perch along with it.

They're pretty cheap to buy, too. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:48 am

Even better yet, go with an under the bar mirror. That way when you crash, the mirror doesn't even touch the ground. Mine are proof that they do work and they work great in thick scrub, as branches don't whack them either. thumb

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:57 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Even better yet, go with an under the bar mirror. That way when you crash, the mirror doesn't even touch the ground. Mine are proof that they do work and they work great in thick scrub, as branches don't whack them either. thumb

They look wicked cool too =3
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:34 am

Great timing, I broke my mirrors the other day aswell and wanted to ask about an "improved" replacement.

Damage starting to add up 61865
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm

I'm suddenly very happy with my GYTR flag guards+folding levers+bar ends. I do need to replace the stock mouse ear mirrors at some point, though I've had luck so far I'm afraid of one of those things taking out my lever perch one day.
Back to top Go down
OOk

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 am

I remember noticing that bar bend issue when we met up for that one ride:
Me: "Are those custom bars?"
Inspector: "No."
Me: "er, why do they look like that then?"
Inspector: "hmmm, dunno!"

hahaha!!! Damage starting to add up 93746

And then promptly after that my bike wouldn't start. HAHAHA! Stupid karma.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

^^^LOL, yeah it's worse now.

*didn't mention, on my last ride i lost my liscense plate. Well....I still have it, but I need a new one.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

SheWolf wrote:
Even better yet, go with an under the bar mirror. That way when you crash, the mirror doesn't even touch the ground. Mine are proof that they do work and they work great in thick scrub, as branches don't whack them either.
Which under bar mirror? Pictures? I've thought of that but wondered if it would foul on my Wolfman Enduro Lite tankbag when the bars are really turned.

I can barely see behind me with the stockers - which I keep on most of the time because the drivers here must think they get Brownie points if they kill somebody on a little motorcycle... just watching to either side and the left turners in front ain't nearly enough. When I know I'm headed out for a long day in the dirt with some tar, I whip the stockers off and put on a cheesy little aftermarket bicycle mirror.

The motor vehicle act says you HAVE to have a mirror. It doesn't say you HAVE to be able to see anything behind you with it...

I like my helmet mounted mirror for my bicycle, but I just don't think that would work on a motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:42 pm

Damage starting to add up IMG_0907

They are made by UFO. Great little mirror and they do pivot. Damage starting to add up 61865

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Where did you buy those UFO mirrors form SheWolf?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:38 am

I got them from the bike shop I deal with. They come in both right and left sides. I had a bit of a workaround to mount mine because of the cross brace, but they fit in there pretty slick. Damage starting to add up 61865

tblumer

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Acerbis makes those too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damage starting to add up   Damage starting to add up Empty

Back to top Go down

Damage starting to add up
Page 1 of 1