Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Speedometer Error/Correction

Go down 
+25
dc4stroke
zone47
greer
taoshum
sswrx
bhmax
Simmo
Krabill
YZEtc
oldirt
Akoffroader
Gargoyle
WeaveR
12oclocker
inspector
INSTIGATOR
flatboarder
SheWolf
desertblue
King Wolf
mtb
ZED
Chrispy1200
throck38
YamWOW!
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Speedometer Error/Correction Empty
PostSubject: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 11:29 pm

List your issues with speedometers here.

YamWOW!
Back to top Go down
throck38

throck38

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:02 pm

my speedo is about 5 mph off, i have checked it with the wifes car and with a garmin gps, i called my local yamaha shop, and they claim that nothing can be done about it.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:35 pm

Someone on SMJ posted about a WR250R/X speedo corrector they found on Ebay for $55. It was sold but I contacted the seller. He's waiting for more connectors before building more but he sent me instructions and a link to a Youtube video on how to set it. Look like a good product. I'll buy one to be the guinea pig and I'll post back with a review. I'll post the link to the video when I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 11:09 pm

I feel based on other vehicles that my speedo is 20% out. I'm running 13/48 gearing. $100 is a lot for the healer, but by the time I do the mental math... let's see, that times 2, divide by ten, carry the one, yadda yadda, oh shit there's the radar trap! eeek

Mind you, the big number sure makes you THINK you're going fast. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:03 am

ZED wrote:
I feel based on other vehicles that my speedo is 20% out. I'm running 13/48 gearing. $100 is a lot for the healer, but by the time I do the mental math... let's see, that times 2, divide by ten, carry the one, yadda yadda, oh shit there's the radar trap! eeek

Mind you, the big number sure makes you THINK you're going fast. Very happy

I agree $100 is a lot but I can stomach $55 much better. And besides, our exchange rate is getting better these days. wink
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:43 am

today I just bought the SpeedoHealer, but only Version 3 as the shop is having a promotion...

anyway, it was PITA to install because they only had the universal connector

and the worst part was that after installation, it DID NOT work! baldy

Not even the input/output test... No red light no nothing... dead Suspect

After struggling with it for the whole night, I realised that somehow the SH3 was not getting enough juice to power itself up from the connectors...

So, I connect the power wire to the battery, and it just decided to WORK! beavis

And according to the online calculator, I am off by 6.7%... so I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:20 am

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Someone on SMJ posted about a WR250R/X speedo corrector they found on Ebay for $55. It was sold but I contacted the seller. He's waiting for more connectors before building more but he sent me instructions and a link to a Youtube video on how to set it. Look like a good product. I'll buy one to be the guinea pig and I'll post back with a review. I'll post the link to the video when I get home tonight.

Hey is there anyway you could prove us with the instructions and the link to the Youtube video? If you could that would be Great.
Back to top Go down
desertblue

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 am

Went to 47T sprocket and my odometer is about %15 off. The motor seems to like the new gearing, but the odo error is just too high, and I agree that a speedo healer's price tag is also too high. Thinking of leaving the 47T and going to a 14T front to help with the odo error, but will lose most of the benefit of the rear sprocket. Sucks. tough
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction EmptySun Jun 14, 2009 11:27 am

Chrispy1200 wrote:

SpeedoDRD Version 2.4X Instructions