Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

charcoal canister

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
drater

drater

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: charcoal canister   charcoal canister EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 2:33 pm

why do the cali bikes have those on the front? i would like to put a skid plate on and take that off. what will it do to the bike and what do i close off? lurk
Back to top Go down
CurtisC

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: Re: charcoal canister   charcoal canister EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:11 pm

I Have that same issue. I haven't got any answers yet. If I do I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: Re: charcoal canister   charcoal canister EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:59 pm

Ask your Congressman why the Cali bikes have that. It's because you guys have to be cleaner than the rest of us for some reason. Might have to do with all the tree huggers who live out there.

If you want to remove the canister, you can. Take it all off and cap off the hose going to the top left side of the fuel tank (under the shroud). Then you will need to buy the 49 state fuel tank fill cap with the vent in it, since the one you have now is not vented. The Cali bikes vent the fuel tank through that charcoal canister instead of out the fill cap like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: Re: charcoal canister   charcoal canister EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

The concept of the active charcoal canister seems good, but not only is it a PITA, but it's doomed to failure unless the canisters are replaced as they age. I always laugh when I see those on 35yr old VWs. You can be sure they're not doing anything anymore. They don't last forever. Silly bureaucrats, charcoal is for fires!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: Re: charcoal canister   charcoal canister EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm

What are the legal repercussions if "caught" after removing the canister?

How often does the bike need to be inspected in California?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

charcoal canister Empty
PostSubject: Re: charcoal canister   charcoal canister Empty

Back to top Go down

charcoal canister
Page 1 of 1