Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sr1

R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? Empty
PostSubject: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:35 am

Perhaps a downside of me going with the R wheel and changing the brake caliper/lever every time I want to change, is that I need to reconnect the brake cable too. An unforeseen issue. The dang connector is in a wiring loom and is too short to make this easy. Have you guys figured out a fix for this?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 am

Change it at the master. there is a small hole in the master where the 'wire' clips in. A plastic tang on the 'wire' clips in that hole. Use a small punch or screwdriver to push on that tang and it will slip right out. Its a pain the first time then easy ever after...
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 am

There is one downside to changing the switch at the master cylinder. I change over twice a week through the summer. Now the little plastic plug that "clips in" doesn't. The little tabs only like to be bent around a few times then they don't hold the switch in the right spot. I was riding with a bud a couple weeks back and he informed me that my brake light was always on.

I am now using tape to hold it in but I will be looking for a better solution then tape.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Good point, I have not had that issue yet. The only other thing to do is to add a quick release connector to each of the master 'wires' should you be lucky enough to have two..

On yours, a small ziptie around the switch and the banjo should keep it in place....
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:42 pm

i put a plastic cap over it,only have a rear light switch. Didnt think the little switch would hold up with all the no and off
Back to top Go down
sr1

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:58 pm

I had looked at that connector but I didn't thnk it would come off easily. I'll check it out.

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is figure out the connector part number and see if AMP makes them, and make a 6" or so extension. Then I could switch back and forth easily. On dirt, I'm not too concerned, but on the street I'd like to have a light for the front brake.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:25 am

Thought putting two bullet type conerectors in just to keep the little tabs from breaking off the switch,and thats as far as i got GAHHHH That way i can use my kx master with a moose banjo bolt type switch.
Back to top Go down
zestymac

zestymac

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Try here for OEM type connectors...

http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html

Cheers, Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?   R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires? Empty

Back to top Go down

R/X Switching - how to reconnect brake wires?
Page 1 of 1