Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Switching rims and tires?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Albert726

Switching rims and tires? Empty
PostSubject: Switching rims and tires?   Switching rims and tires? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey there fellas I had a question. I own a 2012 wrr and I have a guy with a wrx interested in doing a trade for rims and tires. My question is if we do a straight switch how will the wrx rims and tires effect my wrr? Will any adjust need to made will it effect my rev points?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Switching rims and tires?   Switching rims and tires? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Depending on the tires, you will likely need new fork protectors as the X tires will rub the R protectors.

Part #'s (on schematic) 50 and 52 >> Here

The brake line bracket is the same.
Back to top Go down
Execelon

PostSubject: Re: Switching rims and tires?   Switching rims and tires? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 am

It's was a straight swap on my 2012 wrr. Yes you will need the fork guards and I'd recommend using the sprocket that came with your bike and swapping it on his wheels you won't need to adjust the chain and your sprocket chain will be on the same life cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching rims and tires?   Switching rims and tires? Empty

Back to top Go down

Switching rims and tires?
Page 1 of 1