Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

R to X Conversion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wrfjr

wrfjr

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: R to X Conversion    R to X Conversion  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:24 am

There probably a thread with links located somewhere on this forum. I searched for it and got back about 1000 different options. So I thought I would cheat and post a new topic. I am interested in purchasing X rims and tires. I know the easy way to do it would be to visit my local Yamaha dealer and order them. But like most of my life decisions, I make thing more difficult. I am alway searching to save a penny or two. Can anyone provide me with a link or a recommendation for a affordable option in the conversion?
I understand there is some small modifications to the break line and possibly to the break rotor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: R to X Conversion    R to X Conversion  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 2:01 pm

I want to do the same thing, but can't afford x wheels. I'm just going to try street rubber on my r.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: R to X Conversion    R to X Conversion  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Warp 9 wheels seems to be the most popular choice.

if you want to go cheaper, slap some road rubber on the R wheels. won't be exactly the same feel or performance as a true 17", but sure as hell will be cheaper
Back to top Go down
wrfjr

wrfjr

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: conversion    R to X Conversion  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for the comments. I would prefer to purchase 17"s. Really dig the supermoto look. I plan on using my wr for community during the week and would like to slap the knobbies on it for my weekend mud runs. I have spent hours searching for a deal on rims/tires combo. I believe the costs will be about $1,200. Anyone find anything cheaper?
Back to top Go down
A66auto

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: R to X Conversion    R to X Conversion  EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 pm

You can try and find a used set here. I think I'm going after market x wheels too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R to X Conversion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: R to X Conversion    R to X Conversion  Empty

Back to top Go down

R to X Conversion
Page 1 of 1