Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HID Conversion Kit?

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
duanew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
duanew

HID Conversion Kit? Empty
PostSubject: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:34 pm

I have been unable to find anything about upgrading the headlight on the WR250R. I got caught out after dark yesterday and was disappointed by the light output of the headlight. I never had any complaints about my Super Sherpa, but the WR seems dark in comparison. Have any of you tried out a HID conversion?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 pm

I have one and would do it all over again. The low beam on this thing is way brighter than the original halogen hi-beam. HID Conversion Kit? 61865

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I have one and would do it all over again. The low beam on this thing is way brighter than the original halogen hi-beam. HID Conversion Kit? 61865

Did you get a cheap kit? Did you get the 35 watt version? I was looking at one of the cheap kits on ebay to try out.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:12 pm

Mine was almost $300 by the time the tax man raped me....can't call that cheap. It's high powered, 55W.

matttys

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:40 pm

I have one of the cheap ones on my DRZ and Dakar. $75 for two lights, but it doesn't have a high beam. Not really needed. You just have to find a place to mount the ballast. It should be good on the WR because it has a symmetrical headlamp like the DRZ; the Dakar has a funky shaped light and it scatters light everywhere. . . both situations are better than stock.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:53 pm

I was thinking about getting one of the Bi-xenon kits that has the solenoid in the bulb to change from low to high beam. They are $54 on ebay for the 35 watt version. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120473712635&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Best place to mount the ballast is on top of the lower triple, where the fender bolts to. There's enuf room for both the ballast and the ignitor. HID Conversion Kit? 61865 That's the same setup almost. BiXenon H4, slim ballast. You'll have to work the rubber boot a bit to get it to fit over the base of the bulb assembly.

eastcoastzigzag

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:46 pm

xenonlink.com is my fav. if you search i have a write up either here or thumper talk. i also use this company on my truck

i have now found this company that will draw me in with a lifetime warranty. http://www.retro-solutions.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:44 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Best place to mount the ballast is on top of the lower triple, where the fender bolts to. There's enuf room for both the ballast and the ignitor. HID Conversion Kit? 61865 That's the same setup almost. BiXenon H4, slim ballast. You'll have to work the rubber boot a bit to get it to fit over the base of the bulb assembly.

Do you have a picture at night of the HID set-up compared to stock? I am wondering how much light gets scattered by the reflective housing. Also, how does the light do in the event of a low-water crossing spill. Is the unit really sealed well?
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:53 pm

Look what arrived tonight:
HID Conversion Kit? P1000045
From 2010-02-04

H4 conversion kit with headlight relay kit. If only I had a garage to install.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:36 pm

what are you going to do with the 2nd one?
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:03 am

Keeping the second light for a spare in case ballast or bulb bites it. Also bought a second kit for my vstrom. If the quality is good, I will buy a kit for my honda accord.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:29 am

Sounds like a plan, hope your spares go unneeded.
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Looked at the harness today, and will need to do some cutting and soldering as this kit is for a car. The wiring with relay can not be seperated into two kits easily. Will have to cut off the lead for the extra lamp. For the price, still a good deal. Rigging up my shed in back yard to work on the bike as no garage. Thinking run generator to burn off old gas, run heater and lights and radio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HID Conversion Kit?   HID Conversion Kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

HID Conversion Kit?
Page 1 of 1