Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

air box door bolt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YAMAHAPPY

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:07 am

As I read through the HATE/DISLIKES thread, I've found my new 2012/2013 winter project. And that is to turn my WRR into a KTM. LOL All kidding aside, I like the idea of swapping out the bolts so that I can do most maintenance with just a few tools. One way I can eliminate the Phillips screwdriver is to replace the air box swinging door bolt with a wing nut. Now my fingers are tools. To do this I had to get a metric wing nut and use a KTM style bolt (smaller flanged head) and assemble the two. Simple eh?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:31 am

Some have used Dzus fasteners for the airbox door as well as the plastic side panel that covers the airbox door.
In fact, the oval-shaped depression around these two fasteners hints that the Yamaha factory could have used Dzus fasteners as stock equipment, but cheaped-out, instead.
Back to top Go down
YAMAHAPPY

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:44 am

I've never heard of a Dzus fastener! Can you describe it or tell us where to buy it? Actually, thinking back to my '03 DRZ 400 those side panels were kept on with 1/4 turn type holders with a half circle folding ring for grip. Is that what a Dzus is?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
binkaz

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Where can we get these fasteners?
Back to top Go down
jkstehn

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: air box door bolt   air box door bolt EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 pm

http://www.amazon.com/6pc-Silver-Dzus-Fasteners-Retainers/dp/B001N5DGFM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

air box door bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: air box door bolt   air box door bolt Empty

Back to top Go down

air box door bolt
Page 1 of 1