Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tyre Pressure for knobbies..

Go down 
+3
proview
WRRSam
Notsolegit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. Empty
PostSubject: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:49 am

I noticed someone throwing this thread around for the X in "X specific" section.
Thought I would throw it up here. For the R standard tires my rear states 33psi & I have no idea what the front is. But what about knobbies? The dealer tells me 18ish for the front 22ish for rear.. :/ Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:39 am

I use Bridgestone motorcross intermediate tyres at 14psi front and rear.
Back to top Go down
proview

proview

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:39 am

Notsolegit wrote:
I noticed someone throwing this thread around for the X in "X specific" section.
Thought I would throw it up here. For the R standard tires my rear states 33psi & I have no idea what the front is. But what about knobbies? The dealer tells me 18ish for the front 22ish for rear.. :/ Any ideas?
I probably would do those pressures in reverse if I would use those pressures. That's actually not too far off if you ride on the street and some light off-road. If you plan on doing a little more aggressive type off-roading in loose stuff I'd be running something less like 14-15 rear/16-18 front. I wouldn't go lower without a rim lock on the rear at least.
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 am

WRRSam wrote:

How much road riding do you do sam?

I should have thrown in there that I do 60-80k's a day road/highway.. Sorry lol

Last edited by Notsolegit on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 am

proview wrote:
Notsolegit wrote:
I probably would do those pressures in reverse if I would use those pressures. That's actually not too far off if you ride on the street and some light off-road. If you plan on doing a little more aggressive type off-roading in loose stuff I'd be running something less like 14-15 rear/16-18 front. I wouldn't go lower without a rim lock on the rear at least.

Ah ok, thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 6:55 am

Notsolegit wrote:
WRRSam wrote:

How much road riding do you do sam?

I should have thrown in there that I do 60-80k's a day road/highway.. Sorry lol

None Very happy cheers
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:03 am

18 up front, 22 in the back. Works awesome both on and offroad. Been running that combo since I bought the bike, no complaints.

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:27 am

SheWolf wrote:
18 up front, 22 in the back. Works awesome both on and offroad. Been running that combo since I bought the bike, no complaints.

Cheers Wolfeeeeey! Waiting for you to throw up a post :]
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:15 am

I can't complain with running them at that pressure. The real loose stuff I have gone down to 18 on the back. It is great for roostering a mate who's riding behind you. wink

Notsolegit

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:27 am

Haha nice.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 am

I use 12 psi front and rear.
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Yous guys and gals are right about running low pressures on dirt but those same low pressures will eat your tires pretty quickly on the road.

Best way to go is to wire your bike up for a tire pump and adjust pressures as needed.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 8:58 am

SheWolf wrote:

Dealer delivered the bike with those pressures. I upped them to the higher-end of the suggested range (I think it's 22F/29R) and will be going back down to about 18F/22R or 25R. Much nicer on the paved/gravel roads thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyre Pressure for knobbies..   Tyre Pressure for knobbies.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyre Pressure for knobbies..
Page 1 of 1