Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello im a new member from nova scotia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Biglake

Hello im a new member from nova scotia Empty
PostSubject: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I picked up a 2013 wr250r about a month ago.
I found a lot of usefull information on this site for setting up my bike. thumb
Im setting the bike up for mostly offroad riding an racing scrambles.
I really like the bike and almost have it set up the way I want, the only thing I have left to do to it is alumium bars and a revalve and respring.
I have protaper kx high bars on order and im getting a local tuner to install race tech gold valves and a stiffer rear spring soon.
I put a fmf q4 and fmf programer on it, plus opened up the top of the air box with the ulitmate air box mod plus a 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 hole above the filter.
Used knoobies off my old bike and rim locks.
regeared it to 13-50.
Skid plate and hand guards.
drc tail light holder and signals.
A home made rear rack made from a 3/8 inch thick cutting board.
As soon as it freezes up im putting a set of tires with grip studs on it.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Howdy neighbour.

What neck of the woods you in?
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey guys,

I'm in Halifax... semi-new rider... only have about 3,000km total on my bike, still getting used to the off road stuff.

In the spring I'm gonna put a skid plate and some bigger nobbies on it so I can try some real off road stuff.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Im in bramber hants county, im surrounded by atv/sled trails, fire roads and theres a couple of old mines to play in too.
Im not very new to off roading but im still far from fast lol, I've raced hare scrambles for the last two years on a gasgas ec250, I was third overall in the novice class last year.
I post on dualsport as eric but that user name was taken on this site so I went with a old nickname lol.
I did some real nasty off road stuff (muddy, rooty, down tree littered atv trails) last sunday with a former canadian enduro champ chasing/passing me on a ktm200 with studded tires (they're awesome on roots and downed trees) lol.
The little wr works great it just needs a revalve, which its getting soon, im used to high end suspension and planed on revalving the wr before I even rode it. The rear was bouncing around and wouldnt bite at all on bumpy ground, the forks dont feel to bad but its hard to tell with the rear being so far off.
I have about 500 kms on the bike so far and less than 50 were on pavement thumb
I bought the wr250r to replace my KLR650 and gasgas, so I only need one bike. So far im happy, the bike will go 80 km/h all day long which is all I need on the roads around here and it works quite well off road, its not slowing me down or holding back at all there.
It does require a diferent riding style than my snappy fast 2 stroke, places I'd lug the gasgas in second im revving the wr in first, once I got used to revving the bike a lot instead of lugging it to get it to hook up it worked great. Very happy
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Biglake wrote:
Im in bramber hants county, im surrounded by atv/sled trails, fire roads and theres a couple of old mines to play in too.
Im not very new to off roading but im still far from fast lol, I've raced hare scrambles for the last two years on a gasgas ec250, I was third overall in the novice class last year.
I post on dualsport as eric but that user name was taken on this site so I went with a old nickname lol.
I did some real nasty off road stuff (muddy, rooty, down tree littered atv trails) last sunday with a former canadian enduro champ chasing/passing me on a ktm200 with studded tires (they're awesome on roots and downed trees) lol.
The little wr works great it just needs a revalve, which its getting soon, im used to high end suspension and planed on revalving the wr before I even rode it. The rear was bouncing around and wouldnt bite at all on bumpy ground, the forks dont feel to bad but its hard to tell with the rear being so far off.
I have about 500 kms on the bike so far and less than 50 were on pavement thumb
I bought the wr250r to replace my KLR650 and gasgas, so I only need one bike. So far im happy, the bike will go 80 km/h all day long which is all I need on the roads around here and it works quite well off road, its not slowing me down or holding back at all there.
It does require a diferent riding style than my snappy fast 2 stroke, places I'd lug the gasgas in second im revving the wr in first, once I got used to revving the bike a lot instead of lugging it to get it to hook up it worked great. Very happy

I figured you must have been eric from dualsport cause I was talking about our wr's in your build thread on there
Back to top Go down
rowsell

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 pm

hey im here in nova scotia and just wandering what you ended up paying for the wrr when everything was all said and done??? montly payments and interest rate??? procycle or rpm motor sports??? My bro and I are picking one of these up once snow is gone and cant wait!!
Back to top Go down
shep546

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 am

rowsell wrote:
hey im here in nova scotia and just wandering what you ended up paying for the wrr when everything was all said and done??? montly payments and interest rate??? procycle or rpm motor sports??? My bro and I are picking one of these up once snow is gone and cant wait!!

Freedomcycle had the best pricing when I bought mine last year. I ended up getting $800 off sticker price and didn't pay any freight or anything extra.

As far as financing goes that's going to depend on what you choose and yours and your brothers credit.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm

I bought it from freedom cycle, its 87 by weekly for 5 years with 0 down and penitly free so I can pay it off once my other bikes sell, I forget all the other details.
I'd go to procycle tho.
Freedom said they'd give me a good deal on parts if I bought them the day I got the bike, they gave me 10% off, like I get at every dealer what a joke. They sent me a coupon for 15% off any gytr item a couple of weeks ago after I bought all the stuff I wanted for the bike!
The price was the same at both places, I had to get them to bring me in a bike so there was no deals to be had, I actually wanted a leftover 2012 but there was none.
Rpm sells gasgas and huskys they dont have yamahas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello im a new member from nova scotia   Hello im a new member from nova scotia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello im a new member from nova scotia
Page 1 of 1