Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Side stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe_fish

Side stand Empty
PostSubject: Side stand   Side stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:27 am

Ok, so I didn't know where to actually post this one. I have a wrr, on my dirt setup seems like the stand is 2 inches too short. On the SM setup seems like the I really have to think about even the smallest slope as the bike just wants to fall over. I did lower the rear about 1" so I know that is not helping the situation at all. Using a parts fiche it looks like the side stand between the WRR and WRX have different part numbers. Can anyone confirm that the WRX maybe has a shorter side stand then the WRR.

Maybe I should just ditch the stand and get one (or two) of those little triangle stand that slip into the rear axle.
Back to top Go down
derm75

Side stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Side stand   Side stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:39 am

The X does have a shorter stand. I have an X that I got dirt wheels for and the stand ended up being too short to use with the big wheels. It was marginally long enough with the X wheels. Maybe Yamaha needs to add an inch to both of the stands? Here's the solution I came up with.
Back to top Go down
joe_fish

Side stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Side stand   Side stand EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am

derm75 wrote:
The X does have a shorter stand. I have an X that I got dirt wheels for and the stand ended up being too short to use with the big wheels. It was marginally long enough with the X wheels. Maybe Yamaha needs to add an inch to both of the stands? Here's the solution I came up with.

Thanks for the info. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing you did as I was falling asleep last night.
Back to top Go down
Dovi

Dovi

Side stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Side stand   Side stand EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:07 am

joe_fish wrote:
Ok, so I didn't know where to actually post this one. I have a wrr, on my dirt setup seems like the stand is 2 inches too short. On the SM setup seems like the I really have to think about even the smallest slope as the bike just wants to fall over. I did lower the rear about 1" so I know that is not helping the situation at all. Using a parts fiche it looks like the side stand between the WRR and WRX have different part numbers. Can anyone confirm that the WRX maybe has a shorter side stand then the WRR.

Maybe I should just ditch the stand and get one (or two) of those little triangle stand that slip into the rear axle.

Firstly sorry for my bad English and secondly sorry for my answer so late...

A few days ago I read somewhere on this forum some question about maybe different length of side stand on WR250R and on WR250X. Accordingly I measured lengths of both side stands and draw a small picture with dimensions.

But now I cannot find this question, so I searched by key word "stand" and find this topic as likely (possible) impulse of my "length research" :)

Conclusion:
The side stand on enduro WR250R is about 2.5 cm (1.0") longer than side stand on motard WR250X.

Once again sorry for my English and here are the measured dimensions:

Side stand Wr250r11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Side stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Side stand   Side stand Empty

Back to top Go down

Side stand
Page 1 of 1