Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!

Go down 
+3
jon_l
alansz400
mvonhatten
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am

I really like those carbon panel covers. More info on where you got the material?

I got me some hand guards (Tusk D-flex), heated grip warmers (also Tusk), and hand mitts to make things a bit better in the colder weather. I have been taking my time with the install, adding a relay and switched accessory panel, but will post up when done.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am

This is awsome stuff and you can heat it and mold contours. http://www.amazon.com/inches-Twill-Weave-Glossy-Carbon/dp/B008BKFDM6/ref=sr_1_9?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1357967355&sr=1-9&keywords=carbon+fiber+vinyl
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:40 am

LightFoot wrote:
Bumping this for an Xmas stocking stuffer I belatedly installed.

Having 2XL hands means gloves sometimes cost me a lot - are never big enough - AND dualsport motorcycle grips feel plain skinny to me.

I tried Oury's block type grips this time around and they were somewhat better but still felt like little sticks in my hands.

With my previous setup, I had 714 dualsport grips and then had slimed and forced on some street bike foam grips over the top. They were actually a bit fat, but I was glad for them. When Luke308 test rode my bike back when (was trying to decide if he might want to replace his KLR with a WR - he subsequently did just that), he really liked the grips and asked about them. However, in less than a year, the overstressed foam grips started splitting out 'cause I'd stretched them way bigger than the design intended.

"Someone" heard me bitching about it; knew I'd tried and hated the fleabay vel-cro on eye sore hazards; researched it; found a product actually made to be installed over existing grips with an OD of 1.25" to 1.45". And no effin' vel-cro!

They're called "Grab On Grip Covers" - appears they sell for about twelve bucks shipped in Amazon. The variant I received is 5" long, so I had to do some trimming on both. No big deal. They're supposedly made of a tough closed cell foam that allegedly won't degrade in sunlight UV and cold, etc. We'll see, 'cause Colo has a lot of both.

Instructions say to use hair spray as goop and glue to get 'em twisted/slipped (forced) on. I couldn't find any hair spray in the dungeon, so I used some super slippery 1.7 tire lube. Good thing, too 'cause the Oury's are I think 1.45 inch and it takes some force and twisting and swearing to get them on even with the super slimy tire stuff. 1.7 is the drying variety claiming to become resistant to slippage when dry. Sounded right so I used it.

The "Grab On Grip Covers" of this sort that are for installation over existing grips are much thinner than the street bike foam grips I'd forced on before. This is good; the finished installation feels right to me. I suspect hands as 'tiny' Suspect as "large" or "XL" might be good with these, too.

One of the stated primary purposes of these is to cut vibes and numbness. However, like most might agree, vibes don't bother me on this bike.

Later y'all,

Micke and "finally gripable" LightFoot

I have the exact opisite issue with grips, I have large thick hands with shortish fingers, XL gloves are tight on my hands, I get instant arm pump with thick grips and run the thinist ones I can find to keep my hands happy, most 1/2 waffles are thin enough to make my hands happy. I tried a couple different types of thicker grips on my KLR and atvs I took em off after one ride.
The stock grips work good for me, I took them off the stock bars and put them on my new bars, when they wear out ill put some other cheap 1/2 waffle on there, thats what works best for me, it took buying close to a dozen different grips to figure this out lol.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

LightFoot wrote:
jon_l wrote:
My WRR is getting:

Tusk 30mm Handlebar Riser Kit
Seat Concepts kit (black carbon)
Sprocket 47 T
Twin Air air filter
Wolfman small Expedition Dry Duffel in yellow

Plus some consumables for next season:

Michelin T-63 rear tire
Bridgestone HD 18" tube
WPS Rim Strip 18" x 7/8"
Yamaha Oil Filter
Yamaha Seal guard
oil drain bolt, drain bolt washer, O rings

Cool! Post up pics when the stuff arrives??

Bike is tucked in for the winter. I may bring the wheel inside and do the tire before Spring, but there hasn't been an opportunity for any photos, except the seat. Unfortunately, it was not on the bike though:

Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 8343705576_1355459e91_c

Seat Concepts carbon cover for WR250R
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 am

Looks nice !!! This will be one of my things to do eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!   Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xmas Gifts for your WRR/X - post 'em up!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2