Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Texas R250R Owners

Go down 
+3
ordinaryguy
greer
kiko
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kiko

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm coming up to Texas in April so I called my favorite Yamaha dealer Kasson in Austin about a new R250R and he said he did not have any R250R's in stock and also told me no test rides if he did have one. He expects a couple in April.

Any R250R riders in the Central Texas area willing to let me try out their moto for a few minutes before I take the leap?? I can't ride one in Mexico now because they are not available here.

Any suggestions as to other dealers in San Antonio/Austin/Houston triangle. Warranty does not matter to me, I will be riding the R back to Michoacan the day after I close the deal.
Back to top Go down
greer

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 am

Check cycletrader.com and craigslist.org as April nears; I've had good luck with both those sites. Lots of dealers post there. Good Luck.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
ordinaryguy

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Dealer in Austin   Texas R250R Owners EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm

I got my TW200 at Wood's Fun Center on IH 35 - their phone is 512-459-3311. Last time I was in there they only had the X model and I've been lusting after the WRR for a couple of months now. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
kiko

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 am

I want to buy a new one if I can find one, seems whenever I pick up a used dirt bike I get stung somehow. Something ought to turn up in April as the '10's will be rolling out.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Curious as to why you would want an "WR-R" if you are taking it to MX (where you don't have US DOT requirements) ?

Why not find a late model WR-F (250 or 450) ?
Back to top Go down
kiko

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:51 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Curious as to why you would want an "WR-R" if you are taking it to MX (where you don't have US DOT requirements) ?

Why not find a late model WR-F (250 or 450) ?
I want a wide ratio 6 speed tranny moto that does not have a motor designed for racing. Seems that the WR250R was designed as a light weight dual sport, not a race bike. I'm not very familiar with the WR-F 250 450 but I suspect they are designed more for racing with a close ratio 5 sp gear box. Might be wrong about that.

You are right there are no requirements here and I can ride whatever I want on the street or in the dirt as long as I have a US plate on it. The TX plate on my baja kit modded KLX400R (DRZ400E) is 4 years old and I've never been hassled by the police, either local, state, or federal in Mexico. I would buy another DRZ400E if a 2010 model was available but they were discontinued some years ago and I don't want a used dirt bike.
Back to top Go down
thumper_tx

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:03 am

Kiko,

Check Powersports in Georgetown. Just North of Austin. Great folks to work with. They sell their R2's very fast and got me one in 2 days.
The Austin Yammie dealers are less than desirable.
Kasson only wants to stock MX bikes and caters to the hard core racing crowd.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am

+ 1 on the Georgetown deal. I bought my wr250X from them. Great folks, great price. Texas R250R Owners 61865
Back to top Go down
hamish54

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 am

I realalize that it's much further north than Austin, but North Tx Yamaha (www.ntyamaha.com) in Lewisville has either an '08 or '09 WRR in stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Texas R250R Owners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas R250R Owners   Texas R250R Owners Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas R250R Owners
Page 1 of 1