Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Larger Fuel tank!

Go down 
+39
malibu_dan
Machtig
greer
ed29
rpo83
hughtwg
griffin738
Akoffroader
wahilde
lancek
router.exe
2fiddy
derm75
Chadx
10Cup
motokid
fasteer
Longview
gkasper
Chrispy1200
Jäger
ADVJake
1moreroad
ZED
mwakey
asheville thumper
oldirt
SheWolf
INSTIGATOR
Cycletroll
Gargoyle
boogn1sh
scottmac
trlrunner
mtb
SteveRed
pete in atlanta
YamWOW!
Don T
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
greer

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, heck. Try this:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329337&page=486

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 61865 Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 379944 Nicely done! Sometimes those hyperlinks can be cantankerous. Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 724854

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Quote :
MSR Fuel bottles here we come. Very happy

The problem there though is that MSR wants a lot for them.
Maybe we can get a big discount for a group buy.

I have quite a few 11, 22 and 33oz MSR bottles.

If you want some let me know.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi Dana44:

What would you like for a 33 oz MSR shipped to IL? I have a really long ride coming up and that exta 33 oz could be the difference between life and death while out west Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 640571 Even with a possible 330 mile range with the new IMS tank, 33 oz is always there just in case...

TIA

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
Dana44

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 am

Quote :
What would you like for a 33 oz MSR shipped to IL? I have a really long ride coming up and that exta 33 oz could be the difference between life and death while out west Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 640571 Even with a possible 330 mile range with the new IMS tank, 33 oz is always there just in case...

Coyote brown or red?
New or used?
Whats your zip code?

Carry tip.
I ground the paint off a small spot on the bottom of an 11oz bottle and used JB Weld to glue a nut on there. Fits in the factory tool kit location perfectly. Nut fits over the tool kit pin and the rubber strap keeps it nice and tight. Longer strap and I bet you could do the same with a 22 or 33oz bottle.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Now that's a neat tip!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Has anyone thought of cutting the wires to the sensor and extending it down another 1/2" give or take. From experience with the fuel level vs. mileage remaining to empty, does anyone think this would work to get to say... 30 miles to empty?
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:46 pm

thinair wrote:
Has anyone thought of cutting the wires to the sensor and extending it down another 1/2" give or take. From experience with the fuel level vs. mileage remaining to empty, does anyone think this would work to get to say... 30 miles to empty?

There is no need to cut the wires. Simply remove the sensor from its clip, lower it straight down, or for further lowering swing the wires off of the top and tie wrap it in its new, lower position. Be sure it is not in the path of the pump overflow port or it will never light the lamp. Keep it out of the pump sump for the same reason. Works like a champ.

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 DSC03026
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 pm

ed29 wrote:
thinair wrote:

There is no need to cut the wires. Simply remove the sensor from its clip, lower it straight down, or for further lowering swing the wires off of the top and tie wrap it in its new, lower position. Be sure it is not in the path of the pump overflow port or it will never light the lamp. Keep it out of the pump sump for the same reason. Works like a champ.

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 DSC03026

What I was referring to was lowering it about another 1/2" in the same path as where your pic shows by adding on to the wires. Just a thought. Looks like there is some room there for it to sit a bit lower but the wires would have to be extended.
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:57 pm

thinair wrote:

What I was referring to was lowering it about another 1/2" in the same path as where your pic shows by adding on to the wires. Just a thought. Looks like there is some room there for it to sit a bit lower but the wires would have to be extended.

Again, there is no need to splice. I have since lowered the sensor another full length by routing the wires around the side of the pump instead of over the top. I don't have a picture of that.
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 pm

ed29 wrote:
thinair wrote:

Again, there is no need to splice. I have since lowered the sensor another full length by routing the wires around the side of the pump instead of over the top. I don't have a picture of that.

Ahh, now it's clicking thumb I'm going to do the same. Thanks Mr. Ed.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 pm

One can remove that large white clip, too, to get it out of the way completely. It's not needed if it is no longer holding the fuel sensor.
Here are my pics from back when I did it: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13378268&postcount=15554
Back to top Go down
galland1

galland1

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 pm

A note on lowering the sensor. This pump uses surrounding fuel to cool it. I'd be a bit worried about a redhot pump running in a dry tank. At least decreasing its life and maybe worse.
Back to top Go down
thinair

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

galland1 wrote:
A note on lowering the sensor. This pump uses surrounding fuel to cool it. I'd be a bit worried about a redhot pump running in a dry tank. At least decreasing its life and maybe worse.

The relocation of the sensor isn't going have any negative effect on the fuel pump as stated here, it simply dictates when the low fuel indicator is lit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Larger Fuel tank!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5