Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Larger Fuel tank!

Go down 
+39
malibu_dan
Machtig
greer
ed29
rpo83
hughtwg
griffin738
Akoffroader
wahilde
lancek
router.exe
2fiddy
derm75
Chadx
10Cup
motokid
fasteer
Longview
gkasper
Chrispy1200
Jäger
ADVJake
1moreroad
ZED
mwakey
asheville thumper
oldirt
SheWolf
INSTIGATOR
Cycletroll
Gargoyle
boogn1sh
scottmac
trlrunner
mtb
SteveRed
pete in atlanta
YamWOW!
Don T
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mwakey

mwakey

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Give it up you guys. That thing is NEVER going to come out. One delay after another!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm

MSR Fuel bottles here we come. Very happy

The problem there though is that MSR wants a lot for them.
Maybe we can get a big discount for a group buy.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:24 am

ZED wrote:
MSR Fuel bottles here we come. Very happy

The problem there though is that MSR wants a lot for them.
Maybe we can get a big discount for a group buy.

The more I think about it, the better this idea sounds!! Easier to carry, less weight, and a hell of a lot less expensive!!
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:37 pm

Motard Menace on SMJ has a clean solution for 1 MSR bottle.

If I am able to do some long rides in the late summer/fall, I'll look into a Rotopax.
Back to top Go down
ADVJake

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:37 pm

The problem with Aqualine here in Aus is they will keep giving you a date even after its been delayed 5 times.
But they should really just tell you its out, when its out.
After the problems they had with the 950 adv tanks, they want to get it right.
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:34 pm

ADVJake wrote:
The problem with Aqualine here in Aus is they will keep giving you a date even after its been delayed 5 times.

What was the problem with the 950 adv tank?
Back to top Go down
ADVJake

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:29 am

INSTIGATOR wrote:
ADVJake wrote:

What was the problem with the 950 adv tank?

it expanded in heat, once you removed the tanks it was almost impossible to put them back on without putting them in a freezer.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:48 am

Well, there's always this solution:
http://tinyurl.com/cvczsn
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:03 am

Jäger wrote:
Well, there's always this solution:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/cvczsn
http://tinyurl.com/cvczsn[/quote[/url]]

I like the bladder solution better myself but not at $120 bucks. Seen anything cheaper ?
Back to top Go down
gkasper

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:45 am

1moreroad wrote:

If I am able to do some long rides in the late summer/fall, I'll look into a Rotopax.

How about a link.!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:16 am

ROTOPAX

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:58 am

gkasper wrote:
1moreroad wrote:

How about a link.!

I meant a link for the MSR Solution
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:05 am

MSR BOTTLES

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Rolling Eyes

Can anyone else provide a link to the reference solution"?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm

No need to roll your eyes, I was trying to help. dddog

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:03 pm

gkasper wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Can anyone else provide a link to the reference solution"?

skip down to post #15
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh crap...THAT solution?!! poser2 Mine matches my bike. thumb

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 IMG_0859

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Didn't mean to one up you Wolfie. Just thought that was what he was looking for. I like your matching blue bottle better than the ugly red MSR anyhow.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:23 pm

No worries, Mark. Very happy Mine's a SIGG. So far nothing had 'peeled' or 'disintegrated' with it, so I'll keep using it. I have 3 other bottles I can fill and toss into my backpack if I need extra fuel, or strap on the 2 gallon jerry can to the rear rack. thumb So far so good. wink

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:49 am

That looks great. How have you got that mounted at the bottom? It looks like it's got its own little bracket. I was thinking of mounting my MSR bottle the same way, but I didn't really want the bottom resting on the pin of the toolbox mount.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:03 pm

The bracket I utilized out of an old outdoor thermometer bracket. I lined the inside with rubber, drilled a hole on the one end so it would slide over the existing pin used to hold the tool kit in place.

Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 IMG_0860

I also used the strap for the tool kit, and a couple of safety velcro straps to hold it there. The thing doesn't move an iota. thumb

fasteer

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:13 am

SW, that's a nice install: how much does it hold?
How do you go about filling it at a gas-station?

IMO, the Safari under development is too big.
Stock is 7.6 liters = 2 USG = 1.7 gallons (Canada, UK, etc)
Safari is 15 liters = 4 USG = 3.2 gallons (Cdn)
Ideal for the WRR might be 11.4 liters = 3 USG = 2.5 gallons (Cdn)

I have a 4-gallon (USG) Clarke on the DRZ & that's a lot of fuel to pack around.
Would be worse on a lighter, lower HP bike.

I know, I know; you don't have to fill it right up, but for me there is an overpowering psychological force at work: when I pull up to the pump, the tank ends up full.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:15 am

It holds roughly just over a liter,or 36 oz. I fill it up right alongside my bike when I tank up, and haven't had any troubles.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 am

I wonder if there are any laws or restrictions in my stupid state about carrying gasoline like that on a street bike?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:24 am

Hard to say; I mean carrying gas in a plastic jerry can is legal...carrying it in a metal container? Years ago that's all there was and then they did away with it. dunno

PostSubject: Re: Larger Fuel tank!   Larger Fuel tank! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Larger Fuel tank!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next