Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
idc22

Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR Empty
PostSubject: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 am

Picked up a used 2008 WR250R, 3000 miles, FMF PowerBomb, Q4, FMF programmer, AIS removed, flapper mod, some air box holes drilled.

All this, and the bike still has a bog when first rolling on the throttle. Not a huge issue as I keep the revs up when riding most of the time, but hoping for the wisdom of the forum to help me track it down. When it is cold it is much more pronounced, more of a complete hesitation, but even after long rides the bog is still there. Screams everywhere else through the RPM range!

BTW, programmer set at 3,5,0.5,8,4,4
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I have the exact same issue, but it seems to mostly go away when it warms up. It seems to be a common issue, but I haven't found any consensus on how to solve it.

I tried tweaking the Co setting, and it seemed to maybe help a little. Some say maybe adjust the TPS. Some say bump up the idle. Some say it is hidden in the FMF programmer settings. Some say it is just the nature of the engine once you uncork it and let a lot more air in.

I am still playing with the programmer, but I have similar mods (minus the powerbomb, but I did just get a good deal on a used one wink ) and I think my Co is set to +2 (was -11 stock) and I don't recall what my programmer is currently set to. I think it is maybe 2.5-3-0.5-8-6-4 but I keep changing things and don't have my notes handy.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm

idc22 wrote:

BTW, programmer set at 3,5,0.5,8,4,4

Try this setting: 3,5,0.5,8,7,4

That fifth number needs to be higher than 6.

Common issue with FmF programmer.

Try that first, then report back.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:23 pm

motokid wrote:

Try this setting: 3,5,0.5,8,7,4
That fifth number needs to be higher than 6.
Common issue with FmF programmer.
Try that first, then report back. [/quote]

This issue with the 5th number causes a cut-out at cruising speeds in 4th through 6th gears, and it was confirmed that the 5th number needs to be higher than 6, and I have also personally done this and experienced the fix. I don't think the 5th number affects this immediate off-idle stumble or bog. But I can give it a try and let you know...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:52 pm

When trouble shooting an issue try one thing at a time.

That way you know what worked and what didn't.

It's been documented there's an issue with the 5th number so that's an easy place to start.

If that don't work then maybe some other things can be tried that are not so easy. dunno

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
idc22

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

I will give upping the 5th number a try and report back. To add a bit more detail, this is happening even in 2nd gear on single track trails. For example, coming down a rocky hill, brake slide into the corner and go to roll back on the gas, the bike will bog a bit. I am compensating with revving/clutching but would like to eliminate as much bog as possible of course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR   Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR Empty

Back to top Go down

Bog when rolling on throttle - 2008 WRR
Page 1 of 1