Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another WR in Seattle Wa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Another WR in Seattle Wa Empty
PostSubject: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 3:35 pm

The last Yamaha I owned was a 1977 YZ250D, Bob "Hurricane" Hannah was the King of Supercross. I was a younger man and the ground wasn't really that hard, I think I will be OK as long as I don't try and vicariously relive my youth through my now 56 year old body? dunno

Another WR in Seattle Wa Wr01
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:21 pm

welcome to the forum! Sorry it looks like you got the cold sholder at first but ask away with your questions. People here are very helpfull.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
I was a younger man and the ground wasn't really that hard, I think I will be OK as long as I don't try and vicariously relive my youth through my now 56 year old body? dunno

That's what I said:

Another WR in Seattle Wa Gopr0010
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:10 pm

gatorfan wrote:
WeAkSaUzE wrote:
I was a younger man and the ground wasn't really that hard, I think I will be OK as long as I don't try and vicariously relive my youth through my now 56 year old body? dunno

That's what I said:

Another WR in Seattle Wa Gopr0010

OK....tell me more about that photo, are they trying to stop erosion on that hill or something?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:

OK....tell me more about that photo, are they trying to stop erosion on that hill or something?

Yep. That's "erosion netting" over the side of a steep hill where large crevasses formed. The netting holds the soil and is sprigged to start grass growing. In this case the grass was up enough to hide the crevasses.

So I'm charging up the hill like Teddy Roosevelt and notice my footing isn't very good. One second I look down to what the problem is - the next second my helmet smashes into a rock at the bottom of a 10 X 4 ft ditch.

My buddy behind me said the only thing he could see of me were the bottom of my boots. He said he wanted to laugh but though I might be dead.

I'll never forget it. I'm 51.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another WR in Seattle Wa   Another WR in Seattle Wa Empty

Back to top Go down

Another WR in Seattle Wa
Page 1 of 1